• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Voiceover Spanish for Dash Video Guides ?!

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey guys
as the spanish community (tx aleix + fernando ) is pushing hard on PR and extending the community into South America
i wanted to check and ask
should we look into Spanish Voiceovers for the Dash Video Guides
and start work on a 3rd (after Chinese + Russian) International section !?
Wiki + YouTube
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867825&src=contextnavpagetreemode
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867827
do you guys have any thoughts on this ?
tx

Last edited by a moderator:
I think is a great idea!

According to wikipedia, this is the list of languages by total number of speakers, and I think we should focus on this 4 for a start:

Mandarin - 1026 million
English - 841 million
Spanish - 489 million
Hindi - 380 million

As a native spanish speaker, of course I will be very happy to work in the project if necessary. :smile:

i totally agree
Chinese/Mandarine = we have under control
Russian = we have under control
Hindi = we skip for now
Spanish = ??

Anybody ?

yidakee you have some tips how we can pull that off locally

tungfa aleix

It's as easy as having a microfone and the script. Of course quality professional recording is welcome, but really all you need is one of those headphones with microphone pieces. Depending on what platform, many freeware recording software can be found (i can help), and then it's just practice reading the script in a clear voice.

It really helps to practice a few times before the actual recording, but it's essentially like any old cassete player. Press "rec" and go. I am happy to process the audio for improve the quality a little if needed (editing, compression, eq etc) ... but having the script and reading it aloud while watching the video, then recording some takes, should be more than enough.

Then it's up to someone to sync the audio to the video, to make it fit properly. I can do it as well, but in a few weeks I'll be away from my studio so won't be able to.

If anyone needs help setting things up, just drop me a line and I'll sort you out step-by-step! I'm sure someone out there is a musician or something and can do this, if not, then aleix, why not you? :tongue: Don't be shy! :cool:

tx yidakee
i totally forgot you are travelling !

We are doing these translations already for russia and china,
so we have a very good system for this.
(chinese are using a local girl, russians are paying a guy)

All videos are transcript (english + timelines) already,
so they have to get translated and then somebody has to read and record.
I do the editing (video + voiceover + cover images and such)

i totally agree
a microphone and recorded into computer does the trick ! (no background noises !)
anybody interested , i can send you a short (Wallet Checksum) transcript + video link
and we could do a test run ?!
:wink:

I just posted it in the Spanish thread in bitcointalk. If needed I guess I can do it, but usually people tell me I speak too fast and I don't think I have the right voice.

i asked some pieps as well
lets see if we heard anything back

Maybe I can if my voice it's fine for you!

Hey Hey
very nice, tx for stepping up

Best would be if send me your email address
I am at
[email protected]

we could do a test run with a short video (as suggested above)
I then send you then
- transcript file (has to be translated)
- video link

and we take it from there ?
sounds good ?
tx

Edit:
to simplify it for you
we could as well have somebody else translate the transcripts ! (so you only do voiceover)
The transcript files can be used easy as subtitles for the videos,
so i could send you a "Spanish Subtitled video" and you just hit record (voice) when the video starts, read from the scene and hit stop when video finishes.
This is the super easy option. I offered this to Russians and Chinese before, they are not using it, but i think (if i would have to do it) that would definitely be the easiest !
just let me know what works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back