I also have a script checking activity of MN's and winners. After I stopped running the script, the problem goes away. Do you want to try stop running your script? There may be some bug that kicks the MN off the list after certain query limit.Masternodes still getting inactive after 60 minutes, even with v0.10.16.11.
A script automatically starts them again once they are down, but it's still annoying.
This is how my log looks like for the last 30 hours or so, the big dip in the middle was the update to v0.10.16.11 last night:
View attachment 630
It's ok because you have correct CActiveMasternode::RegisterAsMasterNode() messagesI'm not getting any entries on mine either...
The only way I see for your nodes to getaway with this is https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/activemasternode.cpp#L270
I've checked the time, both masternodes and local laptop - all in sync, despite being different timezones.Only one way for them to stay online in this situation - they are "in the future".
We need a check like this https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/masternode.cpp#L178-L181 to be implemented in CMasterNode::Check() https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/masternode.cpp#L464 and maybe somewhere in dsee message processing.
EDIT: fixed -->Check
That's confusing me cause I have no more ideas..I've checked the time, both masternodes and local laptop - all in sync, despite being different timezones.
darkcoind masternode list lastseen | grep "IP_OF_SOME_NODE"
My qt wallet stuck today at "1 hour behind". Closed, opened it again and it synced.
I don't get ONE single CActiveMasternode::RegisterAsMasterNode() entry in the logs of 3 of my Masternodes.
Are there other instructions to follow when updating to 16.11?My qt wallet stuck today at "1 hour behind". Closed, opened it again and it synced.
I guess Evan will start to squash some old bugs once he is satisfied how new Darksend implementation works
EDIT: I didn't remove peers.dat.... will do this now
There is no really need for that I believe, it should just help to avoid "old" clients so wallet will not try to connect to them, fail and remove them from the list one by one.Are there other instructions to follow when updating to 16.11?
Do I remove peers.dat on both local and server?
Okay, adding a ton of my own debug info tracked this one down, and even when I'm a bit ashamed to admit it's user error the implications of my findings are too interesting to not share them here:
Hooray, my daily dose of Masternode-update10.16.12 Onyx V2 - Masternode Operators Please Update
- Fixed mixing issues on the network
Windows .exe: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.10.16.12-win.zip
Mac OSX: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.10.16.12-osx.dmg
There are some checks of vin in ProcessMessageMasternode (on receiver side) and in ThreadCheckDarkSendPool actually so it should be ok.Okay, adding a ton of my own debug info tracked this one down, and even when I'm a bit ashamed to admit it's user error the implications of my findings are too interesting to not share them here:
- I have a hot/cold setup for my Masternodes.
- I have a script which updates my remote Masternodes automatically. The binary, a generated darkcoin.conf and a couple of other things. Somehow about one month ago the configuration entry "masternode=1 got lost, so from that day on all of my hot Masternodes did NOT have that line in darkcoin.conf. :facepalm: (the cold ones have, though)
- This means CActiveMasternode::RegisterAsMasterNode() is never successdully executed:
- Private key is not checked
- External IP and port is not checked
- Wallet lock is not checked
- vin is not checked
- Masternode is not relayed to the peers
- A ton of other things...
- Most of the above is not really THAT important for a hot Masternode to run properly , but I still fail to see why my Masternodes were seen (and paid of course) by the rest of the network at all.