v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

M

MangledBlue

sudo reboot will reboot the MN server
give it a second to come back up the start the darkcoind

Sorry - can't tell ya how to check for a DOS - I assume looking at your server traffic

XyPre: I see it now

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
wafflepool finally will be on 25% !!! :)) YES YES !!!!

admin of wafflepool: "Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."

Reactions: moli

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Yes they are playing with us...bastards..... grrrr
Just got an email from Wafflepool:
"Yep, been speaking with Rob, looks like I only applied the patches to our Scrypt servers (useless) and not our X11 servers. Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."

Another drink to Wafflepool! More Vodka please! :)

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
"Yep, been speaking with Rob, looks like I only applied the patches to our Scrypt servers (useless) and not our X11 servers. Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."

Ha ha was faster ;) it`s time to bed, more vodka next saturday ;)

Reactions: Raico

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
wafflepool finally will be on 25% !!! :)) YES YES !!!!

admin of wafflepool: "Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."
Haha.. we're right next to each other.. We're making a good team! :D

Reactions: Raico
M

MangledBlue

If you know how to use nano you can follow these directions to create an auto-restart for your MN on the server in case of an auto-reboot by Vultr

I forget who posted this on BCT - I was at work when I seen it and quickly emailed it to myself
-----------------------------------------------------

Amazon updates and reboots instances all the time, so be sure to have your cron job set up to start darkcoind on startup so you don't miss any time. It's super easy! ...:

cd /etc/cron.d

crontab -e
2 (for nano)
at bottom of newly created file, insert:

@reboot /usr/bin/darkcoind [to start masternode (or wherever you keep your daemon)]
---------------------------------------------------------

That should really help you out :) on auto-reboots :)

RenegadeMan

Aug 6, 2014
I've heard a few people complain in the past about vultr rebooting or stopping/starting VPS's without warning. Don't take this as a personal criticism, it isn't, but when you go for the cheapest possible service you probably get what you pay for. I'm seriously thinking again about running my own multi-MN box off a business line with multiple IP's, I don't think it would be any less reliable than my own cheapo remote hosting, would cost about the same and I'd have full hands-on control of far, far better hardware.
Mmm...a distinct possibility (issue caused by vultr) and I know it's a very very low cost hosting service (and compared to the corporate cloud/DC services I've acquired and been involved in with my day job, it's quite unbelievable they can provision a server instance for $5 a month). It would be interesting to hear of your experience if you setup your own box and what the total cost is likely to be.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014

How the hell do you apply a Darkcoin patch to scrypt servers? :confused:

RenegadeMan

Aug 6, 2014
sudo reboot will reboot the MN server
give it a second to come back up the start the darkcoind

Sorry - can't tell ya how to check for a DOS - I assume looking at your server traffic

XyPre: I see it now
Okay thanks for the info. I'll let it go for a bit to see if it's stable but will reboot it if it continues to have difficulties.

RenegadeMan

Aug 6, 2014
If you know how to use nano you can follow these directions to create an auto-restart for your MN on the server in case of an auto-reboot by Vultr

I forget who posted this on BCT - I was at work when I seen it and quickly emailed it to myself
-----------------------------------------------------

Amazon updates and reboots instances all the time, so be sure to have your cron job set up to start darkcoind on startup so you don't miss any time. It's super easy! ...:

cd /etc/cron.d

crontab -e
2 (for nano)
at bottom of newly created file, insert:

@reboot /usr/bin/darkcoind [to start masternode (or wherever you keep your daemon)]
---------------------------------------------------------

That should really help you out :) on auto-reboots :)
Okay, sounds like a plan. Thanks for the info Mangled.

Reactions: MangledBlue

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
YES !!!

Just now159268wafflepool2256.84 7 1.75 XsMJPdsC63cYtffobR5Y5XmC3uRZZYBANdOnyx (0.10.15.13+)
2 minutes ago159266wafflepool2221.69 7 1.75 XkRkkD5C3ihsMMknJWHEeR2caTS1tRWu2yOnyx (0.10.15.13+)

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
48,69% now + 18.32% of wafflepool = 67,01%
once x11ltc1btc will update we will be ~80% ! :)

eth1

Jul 1, 2014
Quebec, Canada
SuchPool.pw
How the hell do you apply a Darkcoin patch to scrypt servers? :confused:
A scrypt stratum and a x11 stratum will look just the same, most of the differencies are in the configuration files themselves.

In the case of nomps running multiple coins, the same exact codebase processes for all coins. In that specific case, it can be quite confusing to apply the patch so it only applies on Darkcoin and not on other pools that might be hosted on the same stratum.

That said, I have no clue if Waffle uses nomp or the good old python stratums, but them being a multipool might make it harder to patch.

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Hm.. are they still using v.0.10.15.13 though?
All of the pools have this version there....masternode monitoring has exactly 10.15.16
Time to bed.
1:0 to waffle

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
A scrypt stratum and a x11 stratum will look just the same, most of the differencies are in the configuration files themselves.

In the case of nomps running multiple coins, the same exact codebase processes for all coins. In that specific case, it can be quite confusing to apply the patch so it only applies on Darkcoin and not on other pools that might be hosted on the same stratum.

That said, I have no clue if Waffle uses nomp or the good old python stratums, but them being a multipool might make it harder to patch.
Sounds like a big attack vector. Could a malicious patch for one coin adversely affect others running on that pool? Not that I'm thinking of trying it, just wondering what would happen if a pool admin applied some patch ostensibly from a trusted source that turned out to be a big spanner in the works - must be a nightmare to screen these things?

(Sorry for getting a bit OT, just curious.)

eth1

Jul 1, 2014
Quebec, Canada
SuchPool.pw
Up to now, absolutely no other coin has required a stratum patch.

The sole reason of it being the masternodes, the issue resides on non-drk coins. Depending on the implementation, if not done properly, other coins would try to pay 25% to the payee but it would probably just not exist on that specific coin and create issues at the stratum level.

That is the only issue I see arising from this under certain circumstance. Any pool running separate stratums should not have any issues.

My only worry is for those who operate NOMP in a multipool way, with the internal switcher. All the coins would use the same codebase and each would try to assign coins to the payee, however the payee wouldn't exist on other coins. Please note I am not anything near a decent coder so I could just be missing something coded in to prevent such issue, but as I am looking at this right now I don't see any way it's specified only to apply to Darkcoin.

Maybe a nomp multipool owner can let us know what steps he took to apply it and if it was successful.

Reactions: thelonecrouton

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
48,69% now + 18.32% of wafflepool = 67,01%
once x11ltc1btc will update we will be ~80% ! :)
Lets hope they keep their word. Once again at the airport getting back home. Can't wait for InstantX ..
Anyways, splawik21, what is your tipping address? Top job buddy!

GermanRed+

Aug 28, 2014
Besides drk.mn, drk.poolhash.org, my own MN and my local machine, what else can we do to check our MN's status on other clients/MN's?

crowning

May 29, 2014
Alpha Centauri Bc
Besides drk.mn, drk.poolhash.org, my own MN and my local machine, what else can we do to check our MN's status on other clients/MN's?
I sometimes cross-check from my other other Masternodes, but since v0.10.15.16 the results are always the same as from the local wallet (when given enough time to properly synchronize the Masternode list).

In other words, you can check from any machine which is able to run darkcoind and has internet access via port 9999. If it sees your Masterrnode, others also will.

Reactions: GermanRed+

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Lets hope they keep their word. Once again at the airport getting back home. Can't wait for InstantX ..
Anyways, splawik21, what is your tipping address? Top job buddy!
Thank you yidakee, I do it for all of us, like always.
Anyway all tips will get its place in the MN.
Xbd668n5cZoDjFiAUsTJAX5FnAKZiXNw1G

btw. not only me do the communication with the pools, moli is doing great work too.

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Pools compliance @ 61.31% & going up...
after 43 min 62,2%
after 59 min 63,02%
after 110 min 64,12%
up up up

Last edited by a moderator:

GilAlexander

Jun 26, 2014
Block rewards are very different within every 932-blocks fragment - it will be new random factor after enforcement.