• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

URGENT: Well known Community Member MangledBlue was most likely hacked!

Macrochip

Edit: False Alert. Disregard this topic.
Fernando please close/move as you see fit, thank you!

Original message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember MangledBlue as a very well-spoken and eloquent, smart fellow. Lately however the perceived IQ dropped significantly, therefore I must assume a hostile takeover of his accounts on Reddit, BTCTalk and Dashtalk!

And I don't make this assumption lightly. First I noticed whoever using his account was making erratic posts on our subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/mangledblue
His last "normal" postings on there date from November 2015. After a long break everything after that became... silly.

But it doesn't stop there: I took these screenshots from BTCTalk

Latest_posts_of_Mangled_Blue_-_2016-03-29_15.25.07.pngLatest_posts_of_Mangled_Blue_-_2016-03-29_15.25.17.png

The hacker mostly deleted his old posts and removed all information from the remaining ones. The deletion also applies to his Dashtalk.org account where the earliest entry dates from September 2015. Anyone who knows MangledBlue knows he's been with Dash since almost the beginning.

I am urgently suggesting to lock the Dashtalk account in question at least temporarily, because who knows how that person might abuse Blue's well respected status as a community member.

PS: I posted here because of visibility. Feel free to move this to Offtopic after necessary actions have been taken.

Images once more here: http://imgur.com/a/XJYRX

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a conversation (as usual) with blue a week ago or something
and he was definitely himself :wink:
(i hope so at least)

ugh
Not hacked

Still me.

Not sure how to prove it

Just a bit disgruntled

If this is really you: What the hell, man? Why did you delete all the good posts over at BTCTalk? And what's with the silly posts all over Reddit? And disgruntled about what? You're not going full vertoe on us, are you?

For those that might remember.....

I started my 1st MN on July 17, 2014
@Ghostplayer ( yidakee ) assisted me on Skype and My father listened in from Guatemala

I had oaxaca and Tesquenure as MN share holders in that MN

I put up 200DASH
Tesquenure put up 300DASH
and
oaxaca put up 500DASH

Tesquenure left the MN after a few months
and
Eventually I bought out oaxaca

These people can verify it's really me :p
No accounts have been hacked

If this is really you: What the hell, man? Why did you delete all the good posts over at BTCTalk? And what's with the silly posts all over Reddit? And disgruntled about what? You're not going full vertoe on us, are you?

Vertoe is a scammer
I'm about one of the MOST honest people in Crypto, and life for that matter

I deleted all my posts back around page 5000
....if you remember the few days that pages and pages kept dropping off - ME!!
I read those post and 95% were just crap post and meaningless

Mostly disgruntled with everything - literally - everything

If you only knew 10% of my story you'd shit bricks - bit - not going to share much because some people would not understand.

Let's just say that the Police seem to like any accusation, regardless if the accusation is false
I've been under surveillance for some time now due to my x-wife and youngest daughter perpetuating lies

It's total bullshit - and I know they are watching me
They don't think I know - but now they do....

And no - I'm not paranoid
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you

I'm not calling you a scammer, I was referring to the sudden exit and disappearance of vertoe and feared you'd leave as well.

I fully understand how IRL problems like that can mess up someone's psyche and I hope you will get through your troubles asap! Remember we're a community of like-minded people and this doesn't apply only to the Dash technology. I'm sure the members knowing you better than me are more than willing to talk to you about personal details in an offer to help you out. Other than that this thread may be closed and moved, because I want to respect your privacy. No need to involve the public any further into this.

I am sorry that I mistook this as an emergency

Vertoe is a scammer
I'm about one of the MOST honest people in Crypto, and life for that matter

I deleted all my posts back around page 5000
....if you remember the few days that pages and pages kept dropping off - ME!!
I read those post and 95% were just crap post and meaningless

Mostly disgruntled with everything - literally - everything

If you only knew 10% of my story you'd shit bricks - bit - not going to share much because some people would not understand.

Let's just say that the Police seem to like any accusation, regardless if the accusation is false
I've been under surveillance for some time now due to my x-wife and youngest daughter perpetuating lies

It's total bullshit - and I know they are watching me
They don't think I know - but now they do....

And no - I'm not paranoid
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you

hang in there bud

OK,

Mangled (or whoever you are :smile:), on Tue, October 7, 2014 8:40 pm you sent me an email (not a PM) giving me the new IP address of the shared masternode. Can you post it here?

What I read after looking back into Vertoes posts was something more along the lines of "the team doesn't care about me and they centralize the whole dev process so I quit"

Correct me if I'm wrong... I obviously wasn't around back then but thats what I seem to understand happened...

He still has same posting style, which is easy to recognize. Paranoia's still there as well. :) He also disabled his Twitter account few months ago so this isn't big news. He told me his twitter account many weeks back when discussing some RasPi related topic with him via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,

Mangled (or whoever you are :smile:), on Tue, October 7, 2014 8:40 pm you sent me an email (not a PM) giving me the new IP address of the shared masternode. Can you post it here?

lol - unfortunately I don't keep email
I generally clean out that each day - or - after I rec'v an internet purchase... etc etc

hummm

I figured the above would have been proof enough - lol
Nobody knows that story 100% but you :p

I just though about what I would do in this situation and figured it would be really hard to convince someone that I'm me....even myself :rolleyes:

I know I know....let me check smth and we will see if MB is MB ;)

Back