• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Upgrading Tao's "Dash Nation" concept.

What DashNation Team would you "affiliate" with?

• Total voters

TheDashGuy

Evening Folks,

So first and foremost, get ready for a wall of text like you've never seen before on this forum. And get ready to read until your eyes explode because this idea is just too juicy to skim IMO.

So where to begin?

A while back @Tao started pushing his Dash Nation campaign, and I didn't think too much of it, but after months of watching him stick to it, I can see the vast potential in this campaign. I'm not saying anyone needs to "belong" to the Dash Nation or anything as some intend to make it out to be, but more so a way to tell others that you wear the Dash badge with honor and would go out of your way to actually support Dash, and support the financial revolution we all so desperately need. With that all being said, I've made a few complaints in the past, quite a few times, about how common Dash users aren't exactly "involved" in the day-to-day routine that some of us are involved in.

This has nagged me since my first days of supporting Dash and I just can't seem to let it go. Some people seem to think it's just that our community is so quiet, so "laid back" and so "professional", and for a while I accepted that notion and tried to mozy along and do my thing. Now mind you, I have been around Bitcoin since early 2010, I have seen the hype trains, the pump n dumps & the Mt. Gox's of crypto, I have seen many businesses go belly up, get hacked and watched the general reaction to all of these things, and the entire time this was happening, I have been taking it all in, and seeing where it's headed.

After years of being an avid Bitcoin & Litecoin supporter, I moved into Dash December 2015 and let me tell you one thing I know for a fact: Dash has THE most out of touch communities than any other top 5 crypto, and it's a turn off to everyone. We have too many "bagholders" and not enough "enthusiasts" and we need to fix it.

Q: So how do we fix "the lazy bagholders" you say?

A: We fix it by taking the "concept behind why Tao thought up Dash Nation" and I say this like I did, on purpose so we can get the main point out of this, which is not "dividing the Dash community further" as some have mentioned, but actually to empower anyone from that 15 year old kid who stumbled on Dash on Reddit, to the 55 year old financial investor, to "actually get involved", almost as if this was a REAL financial revolution. (sarcasm intended)

Q: What do you mean? How do we empower random people to support and push Dash?
A: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Meaning: We need to supply the "how-to" guides, the handholding processes, the tools, the webpages, the content aggregators, the social media training, the dash training, Dash media kits, social media content examples/usables, elevator pitches for every single vertical Dash would be needed in, and so and and so forth.

Q: How do you plan to deliver all of this wonderful content to "new users?" What "tools will be provided"?
A: Not going to bore everyone while attempting to paint a picture about what I wan't to do, but the just of it is going to be: digg.com + berniesanders.com + google branding strategy + decentralized freedom + Dash Nation ideals = DashNation.com/teams/socialmedia or Dashnation.com/teams/developers (each would be a decentralized team/group of volunteers of the community who check into that website every so often and help us push whatever content is there.

Q: Why is our current setup good enough? Aren't the Dash forums enough?
A: We need an upgraded setup because our main problem is the lack of effort put into onboarding newbies from the FIAT world to the Dash World or Bitcoin to Dash and so on, we have very little roadmaps for these people, let alone the social media army needed to spread a project such as this as fast as it needs to spread... The Dash forums just don't provide what we need to organize, thus we should create the tools we need. I believe a guerrilla marketing campaign operating like a grassroots political campaign with awesome content aggregator + campaign platform website would greatly relive the onboarding stress for new users, and empower them AND current/old Dash enthusiasts to get on board with the day-to-day operations of Dash, without actually needing approval from anyone, and nothing more than a Twitter or Instagram account.

Anyways, i could go on and on and on about this idea of mine, but I wouldn't have thought it up without @Tao pushing DashNation so often, so thanks for the inspiration @tao!

I didn't come here for feedback as much as I did to get my ideas on paper, and share them with the community, I will be building this platform out regardless of what I'm asked or told I can or cannot do, so lets just make that clear right now.

I am going to do my best to build a campaign that actually encourages people to get involved and do anything and everything they would like to do so. I hope you guys can all join in and help out and give me some good ideas, but please refrain from trying to de-rail this thread as I want it to be focused on "building out decentralized community run team of Dash supporters" and nothing more, we aren't here to discuss whether you like the idea or not, just ways to build this out as massive and as quickly as possible, lots of content will be needed to educate people on how to help out, as well as how to use social media, we can extrapolate this concept from DashNation |Social Media to |Developers, |POS Solutions, |Hardware Team or whatever

Also, will be making every single "department' their own avatars and signatures as an effort to get people a little bit excited about "Joining DashNation" (Just to be clear anyone is free to join/ affiliate with Dash Nation as its just a concept about 'getting involved' and we love everyone!)

Thanks for reading this through! Sorry I can't help but run off into tangents.... working on it.

Anyways, here comes the tags.
@TaoOfSatoshi @AndyDark @Solarminer @oaxaca @eduffield @fernando @naruby @Proteus @elishagh1 @InTheWoods @Joshua @hobbskevin @lisacheng @GreyGhost @Macrochip @babygiraffe @ericsammons @fulltimegeek (come back bro!) @itscrazybro @orangecycle @Raptor73

Keep tagging people for me, I'm curious to see what a large majority of the Dash ecoystem thinks of such an endeavor..

TLDR: Help me fix Dash on-boarding on community participation, via DashNation & a few other marketing/website ideas.

edit: Logo ideas
dashnation-teams.jpg

edit2: Sketch of possible HTML skeleton of the site. (Digg.com + BernieSanders.com + Grassroots focused content)
IMG_20160520_171909.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, you hit the nail on the head regarding my Dash Nation campaign. This long, inspired post you made, and the endeavor you and others intend to create proves that it is working.

Starting a movement, inspiring people to fight for financial freedom and empowerment in a global Dash community is key to our long term success.

Not to divide, but to rally around the worldwide Dash Nation idea and nurture an engaged community is my goal.

I'm behind this initiative 100%. We can achieve much more together!

EDIT: For the early birds, a couple of Dash Nation sites need working on, if you have the skills to pay the bills:

www.dashnation.com

www.reddit.com/r/dashnation

https://www.instagram.com/go.dashnation/

Last edited:
Thank you @TheDashGuy and @TaoOfSatoshi --
There is a lot of untapped potential out there. Developing a strategy to attract active "enthusiasts" can be worth more than an entire marketing campaign to attract passive investors.
I am confident that this initiative will be a success and will help drive awareness and talent to Dash. Sometimes I focus so much on what we can fund with our budget system, that I don't think so much about all the stuff that can be achieved for free, just with a community of people who want to help but might not yet know how.

Also, to anyone interested, we have created a #dashnation channel in our public Slack where you can discuss and contribute to this initiative in real time.
If you haven't yet visited our public slack channel, you can get an invite here: https://digitalcash.signup.team/
And then the channel is here: https://digitalcash.slack.com/

Thanks!

Ambasaddor please. or something like a comunity leader.

I was thinking that this would fall under the "enthusiast" but we can do whatever you guys want, I just want to create a framework and some tools to get the community more into the loop, more involved, however they can help out.

Hopefully we can even provide "methods of supporting Dash" that require as little effort as a political campaign.. such as putting a sign in your yard, or a flag etc.

edit: We are also going to need miners/masternoders and such to help out with all that kind of stuff from masternode support to mining articles. Perhaps that group needs a "department name" too?

I have been bitcoin enthusiast, i was in love with bitcoin, I spread the idea.
Being an (still unoficial) ambasaddor for dash is for me about maintanance of dashpay.cz and comunity page on facebook which is a harder thing to do with bigger impact. I am actively in dialog with most important comunity pages on facebook that are for czechoslovak people as well as I am in real contact with comunity members spreading dash to most important czech and slovak cryptocurrency figures.

Just cause I wanna show off a more polished "layout" idea for the "dash nation social media team":

This is JUST A MOCKUP, lacks colors, content, & so on.

Also, we will be using the DRK Color scheme in an effort to bring Dash back to its roots.

dash-nation-concept.jpg

Also another "team" we could/should/will have is going to be Translators of all types of languages, so even if you don't do social media, development or anything else, as long as you know another language, you can help!

edit: Added translator to the poll.

I have been bitcoin enthusiast, i was in love with bitcoin, I spread the idea.
Being an (still unoficial) ambasaddor for dash is for me about maintanance of dashpay.cz and comunity page on facebook which is a harder thing to do with bigger impact. I am actively in dialog with most important comunity pages on facebook that are for czechoslovak people as well as I am in real contact with comunity members spreading dash to most important czech and slovak cryptocurrency figures.
One of Dash Nation's objectives to create an engaged global community is to have translators for all key materials. Czech and Slovak people are more than welcome to join, and we would love to have you involved in the project. Join us on the public Dash Slack https://digitalcash.signup.team/ channel #dashnation to be a part of the website planning.

Just updated the website with a better mailing list signup that goes straight into a mailchimp account.

If you already signed up, sign up again, was having issues with gmail and receiving from my host server or something weird..

and @kot, idk man we are just exploring ideas and building out a "decentralized social media team" atm, but I want to get a decent amount of documentation around how to effectively use social media and sort of help people learn it while we build this thing, and pair that with a cool content aggregator section that makes actually finding that content a breeze.. so any ideas are welcome, any help is welcome, but i'm just focusing on clearing off my plate this week so I have my work cut out for me already.

edit: and goodnight, will start fresh in the morning.

@TheDashGuy @TaoOfSatoshi ... I swear on my unborn child I'm not try to stir up anything. Please do read it that way. Just trying to understand something.

Following our multi-page "argument" on the other thread, where I saw myself bombared with all sorts of critiques and accusations, but thankfully ended well ... I sincerely thought it was your most strongest of feelings that Dash Nation had no sort of distinction, names, or "classes" - that everybody would be exactly the same, all under one umbrella, free to do what they want, how they want, when they want, that the entire concept of defined roles was absurd and harmful, anti-decentralisation and offence to an equalitarian existence.

Isn't this approach an exact repica of how the original Darkcoin/Dash team self-organised itself?

I absolutely 100% applaud this and am totally behind this initiative! If you feel you need a hand with anything, I'd be glad to help!

@TheDashGuy @TaoOfSatoshi ... I swear on my unborn child I'm not try to stir up anything. Please do read it that way. Just trying to understand something.

Following our multi-page "argument" on the other thread, where I saw myself bombared with all sorts of critiques and accusations, but thankfully ended well ... I sincerely thought it was your most strongest of feelings that Dash Nation had no sort of distinction, names, or "classes" - that everybody would be exactly the same, all under one umbrella, free to do what they want, how they want, when they want, that the entire concept of defined roles was absurd and harmful, anti-decentralisation and offence to an equalitarian existence.

Isn't this approach an exact repica of how the original Darkcoin/Dash team self-organised itself?

I absolutely 100% applaud this and am totally behind this initiative! If you feel you need a hand with anything, I'd be glad to help!

Maybe we just had a few misunderstandings? :) I just wanna help people get involved regardless of skill level or anything like that.

Maybe we just had a few misunderstandings? :) I just wanna help people get involved regardless of skill level or anything like that.

A good argument once in a while is certainly not a bad thing, if people have sense and sensibility, only good things can come out of it. Anyway, very glad to see that we buried the hatchet. We're all working on the same goal.

Go Dash Nation, go!

Already garnered 10 whole subscribers to the Dash Nation Email List! @TaoOfSatoshi looks like we might need to start writing up an "Intro to Dash Nation" Email blast....

We should also start a list of articles we find useful and helpful and organize those into categories so that we can fill out the content aggregator at least to start off with, we can add the other stuff on after we get that chunk of the meat out of the way, then start posting tips & tricks for social media in a "blog" format while we build out our "guides library".

Last edited:
Back