• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Unable to open wallet

Stevo

I bought a new laptop yesterday. Afterwards, I downloaded the new DASH wallet. After about 10 hours the block chain had been downloaded and I encrypted my wallet using the same password I had used with my older laptop. I then pressed the button but nothing happened and my laptop froze for a while. Later I tried to open my wallet but an error message appeared stating that the password was incorrect. I then tried to change my password but this didn't work either. Later I uninstalled the DASH wallet hoping the if I reinstalled it I could start again and enter my password correctly. However, it wasn't possible to uninstall the wallet. I also had several warnings from my antivirus program during the installation. I can still open my wallet on my old laptop of course, but I would like to be able to use the wallet on my new laptop. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

what system are u running ?
do NOT stop the wallet while it is encrypting the wallet.dat - that will obviously screw up the wallet.dat / encryption

if nothing on wallet yet
erase all - start again

Hello. Thanks for replying. I am running the latest DASH wallet version. While the synchronization process was running on my new laptop, I copied my wallet.dat file, which contained 7 DASH, from my old laptop to the corresponding DASH directory on my new laptop. Maybe that was the cause of the problem. I am very new to cryptocurrencies and it was probably my fault. Anyway, I have tried to uninstall DASH twice on my new laptop and to reinstall it, but the old data is still there and I cannot install it anew. What do you suggest that I should do?

Back