• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Ubuntu 13.10 32-bit] darkcoind: cannot execute binary file

Dark Leaf

I am downloading darkcoind daemon from darkcoin.io (v0.10.7.3 Release Candidate), then I do 'chmod +x darkcoind' and I get the following error:
darkcoin: cannot execute binary file
What can I do?
I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 32-bit.

How do I build DarkCoin-Qt? (the GUI part)
I made it to the part where readme-qt.rst says to execute `qmake`, but in which directory? I see no directory where qmake works.

ok, I figured I need to go to darkcoin/ directory, not darkcoin/src/
and do something like
Code:
qmake USE_DBUS=1 USE_QRCODE=1 USE_UPNP=1
make
I've built the Qt client and it looks like this:
darkcoin_zps6dce6297.png

This isn't normal, is it? What can I do?

ok, I figured I need to go to darkcoin/ directory, not darkcoin/src/
and do something like
Code:
qmake USE_DBUS=1 USE_QRCODE=1 USE_UPNP=1
make
I've built the Qt client and it looks like this:
darkcoin_zps6dce6297.png

This isn't normal, is it? What can I do?

It should eventually start syncing. Let it run.

It wouldn't start syncing, and the icon in the lower right corner said there's no connections to the network, when I hovered over it.
So I was told to add nodes to ~/.darkcoin/darkcoin.conf. I've added
Code:
addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67
and it started syncing, but stopped at "5 weeks behind" and is not moving anymore. "Signal strength" icon says "8 active connections".
I suspect that it stopped syncing either because I was switching UPNP on and off, to figure what works (I left it off initially, then turned it on when it started working, because I've read that it is recommended, then turned off and on again because the syncing stopped, but it didn't continue).

I have removed all IP's except for the first one and restarted the wallet. "signal strength" got up to 8 connections anyway, but it's hanging on "5 weeks" all the same.

How do I restart syncing from scratch? I think it just might finish syncing, if I restart it with the right settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is solved for me with a current source (0.9.3.4 beta)
I removed all IP's except 23.23.186.131 and all other files except darkcoin.conf and wallet.dat. Don't know whether it helped or not, but the wallet re-synced fine.

Back