• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

To Kill or to Keep the Dash World?

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Dear masternode owners and the community:

At the time of writing the Dash World: Evolution in Marketing V.2 is set to be defunded. Its four months "trial period" was supposed to culminate with the d10e event in San Francisco. Allow me a reminder that the Dash World has:
-- saved us $1,500.00 from the sponsorship costs;
-- rolled over a 139.5157143 DASH from its own, Dash World's funds for the soda-machine transport, saving us about $2,600.00 of the Conference's total expenses.

If the Dash World ends up being defunded indeed we are risking to lose:

-- big, important investors whose weight, if thrown behind us, would've bring the Dash project much needed main stream media exposure;
(I spent endless hours talking with the Monte Carlo wealth management people so to hone the approach (proposal) not only for them but for the other venture capital firms that are targeted. Obviously, if the proposal that is luring them to invest into 100s of MNs is itself defunded...)
-- a media blast after the d10e event that was supposed to go to over 300 media outlets in the U.S. alone (Yahoo Finance, Google News, Bloomberg... etc.);
-- having a promotional material for the "micro-economy of DASH" unfinished and not usable for the other members of the community;
-- talks with foreign exchange(s) and ongoing promotional initiatives jeopardized;
-- development of the Study regarding DASH as a helpful tool for the human rights organizations and the journalists interested in that topic all over the world stalled and compromised.
(I my earlier and last e-mail batch -- today -- sent to the people involved, I provided them with the link to the Dash World's budget page in order to give more credibility to my communication; that credibility would've been lost)

It is my firm belief that defunding the Dash World at this moment would be a grave mistake.

I planned this trial period to end up with a bang and truly hope you would not want it to go out with a whimper. Therefore, I am kindly asking you to re-consider your votes and keep the work Dash World is performing with so much love and energy alive.

I completely agree with you here. It would be absolutely stupid to not see this through, especially when we have d10e coming up and the release of 12.1.

If you voted no, please reconsider your vote. It would be stupid to not have any PR during one of our biggest months in a long time.

In case someone was confused by the http://dashvotetracker.com/ calculation "overflow" and downvoted this one in favor of some another proposal - that was just visual calculation issue, it is perfectly fine network wise to fit this budget imo. I modified client a bit to make sure:
> mnbudget projection
"TotalBudgetLeft" : 775.00507200,
> mnbudget getinfo DashWorld-v.2
"MonthlyPayment" : 775.00000000,

Here is the patch source http://pastebin.com/3SwtizPw, you can verify it yourself.

@GreyGhost
but 775*3 = 2325 DASH (16.900 USD in current price) was already paid to Dash World...

How much from this (already paid) budget has left for additional marketing activity of Dash World?

Yes, I intentionally restricted the size of the other budgets to allow Dash World to fund (it was in funded status at the time). Despite dashvotetracker rounding errors, there is explicit room for Dash World in the budget.

Yes, I intentionally restricted the size of the other budgets to allow Dash World to fund (it was in funded status at the time). Despite dashvotetracker rounding errors, there is explicit room for Dash World in the budget.

Yeah, the good intentions were obvious. Alas, I think the "PR - Fall Campaign Pre-Funding" proposal added to confusion. If it looks like the core is actively looking to replace the Dash World some 45 days before we're done with our work, in the very midst of the most important activities thus far, it could've been misleading...

This way or another, the people are smart and will decide for themselves.

Yeah, the good intentions were obvious. Alas, I think the "PR - Fall Campaign Pre-Funding" proposal added to confusion. If it looks like the core is actively looking to replace the Dash World some 45 days before we're done with our work, in the very midst of the most important activities thus far, it could've been misleading...

This way or another, the people are smart and will decide for themselves.
Maybe. I honestly think that the bigger issue is that people are looking at dashvotetracker and because of the rounding, they believe that either the fall campaign OR the Dash World proposal will fund, but not both (even though the graphics are correct and show Dash World above the payout cutoff line). They also probably think that I'm a really big jerk for making sure to go "over" by one Dash and force Dash World out!

The intent with core team hiring a PR firm 2-3 months from now is not to replace Dash World (which expires this month anyway). It's simply that we will soon be in a position where hiring a PR firm is aligned with our current strategy, we feel the budget is sufficient to support it, and it is high priority enough to fund vs other needs. It won't replace anything else that Dash World is currently providing. So no reason Dash World couldn't continue without the PR component (which was just a pass-through expense anyway) if there is support for all the other activities.

Back