• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

thinking about denominating FundChan in Dash

jimbursch

Hello all

I am the developer of FundChan: funded channel messaging, which is currently denominated in bitcoin. I'm thinking about switching to Dash. The decision will be a no-brainer if enough of the Dash community would like that to happen. I also have some ideas about creating a dedicated Dash FundChan channel that could generate revenue for Dash Nation -- more on that later.

Here is an intro video about FundChan:

Personally, I think it should be a native app that can access things like notifications. Also, although I think it's not a bad idea, I think it should be specifically aimed at verticals such as customer support centres... and as someone else said, to sex workers. In fact, the sex industry is perfect for such things because they traditionally get a lot of chargebacks.

Personally, I think it should be a native app

Yes, this would be ideal, but right now the project is a one-man-show (yours truly) and I am limited in both time and skills.

I think it should be specifically aimed at verticals

Yes, that's part of the idea behind the FundChan network licensing program. (https://fundchan.com/network2.php) -- anyone can operate a FundChan network site in any vertical.

to sex workers

My wife doesn't want me working on that vertical, but I can license it to someone who would like to!

Well, I think it's a nice little project and certainly instant transactions suits instant messaging... but tbh I'm not entirely sold on it in this form. To me, the killer app would be integrating a dash wallet directly into Signal.. sending dash directly to the person I'm chatting with.. no usernames, no long addresses, it would really shake things up.

Just a thought, you could integrate with something like coinpayments.net .. then it would work with all the top cryptos.

Can I personally do android apps and services? No, but I think it would be pretty easy, working with a moderately skilled android developer.

Back