• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The World MMA Awards Show- 40 Million People - Winners Paid in Dash

Would You Vote Yes For This?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

TimCurran

Hello Dash Community,

I'm so excited to get feedback on this project. Dash has dabbled in the MMA world (Rory, Chael, etc.), but we want to put Dash at the forefront of one of the biggest MMA events in the world!

Goals:
There are several assets we can utilize, but the goal would be to gain user adoption, let the entire MMA fanbase know that athletes and premier events are using Dash and to incorporate specific integrations within the show to expand the reach of Dash.

Awards Show Description:
It's the 10 year anniversary of The World MMA Awards Show. This show celebrates the MMA community as a whole and not single promotions and organizations. It's the Oscars of MMA! Every year the biggest names in MMA as well as other sports and celebrities walk the red carpet to celebrate the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. This year is a huge milestone and the team will be creating more promotions than ever before!

Integrations:
We have a lot of creative ways we can integrate within the broadcast and digital promotions including paying athletes, naming rights to awards (i.e. Athlete of the Year presented by Dash), in-show reads, poker tournaments with athletes and fans using Dash, etc. The awards and promotions are estimated to reach 40 Million people!

Hello All,

I should also mention we are very open to suggestions of how you thing Dash should be integrated or creating specific promotions to help with user adoption and outreach. We want this to be an amazing event for all, so any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, @TimCurran, thanks for your pre-proposal. There are some mixed feelings among Masternode Owners and other community members about the ROI and viability of MMA as a market or use case for Dash. Opinions waver between "in for a penny, in for a pound" and "sunk cost fallacy." I don't say this to dissuade or discourage you as there are many MNOs and community members that clearly think it's a worthwhile avenue for Dash, simply to set reasonable expectations about hurdles you might face in getting this funded.

That being said, I think it could be a great opportunity since Dash has already made such a foray in to the MMA world with major players like Rory and Chael. Already something that comes to mind is the often-invoked scenario of displaying QR codes linked to Dash addresses as a way to tip athletes or even vote in real time for prospective awards and award winners. These contributions could go directly to the athletes or even charities they support or what have you.

I would say the real advantage of this is that so far we've had primarily exposure to Bellator and Bellator-related fighters like Chael, but this could potentially put us on the radar of other organizations around the world.

Just some ideas, I'm sure more people--myself included--will have better solutions when we know more about the specifics of what kind of funding figures and logistics we're talking about, but on a brainstorming level I think it could be a successful project.

Hello, @TimCurran, thanks for your pre-proposal. There are some mixed feelings among Masternode Owners and other community members about the ROI and viability of MMA as a market or use case for Dash. Opinions waver between "in for a penny, in for a pound" and "sunk cost fallacy." I don't say this to dissuade or discourage you as there are many MNOs and community members that clearly think it's a worthwhile avenue for Dash, simply to set reasonable expectations about hurdles you might face in getting this funded.

That being said, I think it could be a great opportunity since Dash has already made such a foray in to the MMA world with major players like Rory and Chael. Already something that comes to mind is the often-invoked scenario of displaying QR codes linked to Dash addresses as a way to tip athletes or even vote in real time for prospective awards and award winners. These contributions could go directly to the athletes or even charities they support or what have you.

I would say the real advantage of this is that so far we've had primarily exposure to Bellator and Bellator-related fighters like Chael, but this could potentially put us on the radar of other organizations around the world.

Just some ideas, I'm sure more people--myself included--will have better solutions when we know more about the specifics of what kind of funding figures and logistics we're talking about, but on a brainstorming level I think it could be a successful project.

@Arthyron I appreciate the feedback. I think those creative opportunities are great examples and very much so doable within our capabilities. The QR code is a great option and something that could be authentically placed within the broadcast. In your opinion, what would be a funding figure that would get approval?

There is little if not zero interest in MMA at the moment.
It has been a complete waste for Dash.

I wouldnt venture out with 5 Dash for a MMA project in the current climate.
You are a few months late. Best of luck.

There is little if not zero interest in MMA at the moment.
It has been a complete waste for Dash.

I wouldnt venture out with 5 Dash for a MMA project in the current climate.
You are a few months late. Best of luck.
I appreciate the honest feedback. What sport do you think would be best received by the community at the moment (if any)?

Something to do with adoption, where people can start using Dash.

Sports sponsorships are unlikely to do well at this point.

The real utility of these sorts of proposals is not in the ROI or increase of use of Dash but rather the increased penetration of various markets and communities and access to larger scale business opportunities. Proposals like this open doors and bring other players to the table that might not have taken notice otherwise. That's what people like Argon are not seeing, because that kind of opportunity, exposure, and public legitimation are hard to quantify or measure. With the potential for advertisement on conventional platforms like Youtube, Google, Facebook, etc dwindling for cryptocurrency related projects, finding legitimation and exposure and recognition outside of the speculative investment market is mostly not possible without sponsorships and an established presence. You don't achieve mass adoption without name or brand recognition and the trust and acknowledgement of potential users. That's the situation we're in. While it's true that our primary focus lately has been on funding actual use cases of our technology and integrations in existing and upcoming payment platforms, we can't entirely neglect publicity and there are many any the community that support these sorts of event-based projects. Argon *definitely* does not speak for the majority of the community. I don't either, but I try to accurately report the general trends of the community when I explicitly state as such. Dash isn't just a technology, isn't just a business, isn't just a DAO, isn't just a payment system, etc. It has to be all of these things and more at the same time in order to truly be successful.

Regarding what a reasonable asking price would be, @TimCurran, a lot of that depends on what your itemized budget would entail, what exactly we'd be funding, what you'd need to successfully bring our presence to bear in terms of equipment, staff, technical support, etc. It's not *so* much the budget amount as it is whether the budget is reasonable for what it's purchasing, and whether that total cost would be worth the expenditure on our end. Some MNOs like to see metrics in the form of clicks on our website, transaction increases on the blockchain, new wallet setups, etc. In projects like this, that's not always possible, but be thinking about what you'd like to use Dash funds to do at this event, and how you could measure a successful outcome of the use of those funds both for the event and Dash's role within it. Whatever you can do to sweeten the pot will improve your chances. Think about connections you might have at the event, networking opportunities, important or influential people that might be present that you could introduce to Dash that could drive further opportunities for Dash, that sort of thing. For example funding Rory brought us to the attention of Chael and so on. These are the kinds of things MNOs want to see.

There is no interest in financing artificial exposure like sports for example. We now know that this has not brought anything back to the level of investment made in the past. It even has more of an inflationary impact of printing currencies that ended on the exchanges.

The only positive exposure is the one done by the independent mediats of Dash who talk about adoption project of Dash.

With good adoption projects, advertising is done on its own, because we create content, and media need content.

The real utility of these sorts of proposals is not in the ROI or increase of use of Dash but rather the increased penetration of various markets and communities and access to larger scale business opportunities. Proposals like this open doors and bring other players to the table that might not have taken notice otherwise. That's what people like Argon are not seeing, because that kind of opportunity, exposure, and public legitimation are hard to quantify or measure. With the potential for advertisement on conventional platforms like Youtube, Google, Facebook, etc dwindling for cryptocurrency related projects, finding legitimation and exposure and recognition outside of the speculative investment market is mostly not possible without sponsorships and an established presence. You don't achieve mass adoption without name or brand recognition and the trust and acknowledgement of potential users. That's the situation we're in. While it's true that our primary focus lately has been on funding actual use cases of our technology and integrations in existing and upcoming payment platforms, we can't entirely neglect publicity and there are many any the community that support these sorts of event-based projects. Argon *definitely* does not speak for the majority of the community. I don't either, but I try to accurately report the general trends of the community when I explicitly state as such. Dash isn't just a technology, isn't just a business, isn't just a DAO, isn't just a payment system, etc. It has to be all of these things and more at the same time in order to truly be successful.

Regarding what a reasonable asking price would be, @TimCurran, a lot of that depends on what your itemized budget would entail, what exactly we'd be funding, what you'd need to successfully bring our presence to bear in terms of equipment, staff, technical support, etc. It's not *so* much the budget amount as it is whether the budget is reasonable for what it's purchasing, and whether that total cost would be worth the expenditure on our end. Some MNOs like to see metrics in the form of clicks on our website, transaction increases on the blockchain, new wallet setups, etc. In projects like this, that's not always possible, but be thinking about what you'd like to use Dash funds to do at this event, and how you could measure a successful outcome of the use of those funds both for the event and Dash's role within it. Whatever you can do to sweeten the pot will improve your chances. Think about connections you might have at the event, networking opportunities, important or influential people that might be present that you could introduce to Dash that could drive further opportunities for Dash, that sort of thing. For example funding Rory brought us to the attention of Chael and so on. These are the kinds of things MNOs want to see.

Thanks @Arthyron I appreciate all the helpful responses. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to hold off this year with the awards show. It looks like the community may need more time to prepare, and maybe this will allow us more time to gather more interest for next years awards show. I appreciate the support though!

Back