Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

The Dash Foundation needs attention

Discussion in 'Internal Operations' started by TanteStefana, Aug 28, 2016.

1. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Dash Core Group Linguistic Foundation Member

First, the Dash Foundation's website ought to be in the community listings, in my opinion :) We really need the foundation to do several jobs for the network; jobs that require an entity. It's already doing this work:

Act as a legal entity for the network when required:
    holds ownership of domains\
    holds ownership of trademark
    initiates legal actions on the network's behalf (trademark)

In so doing, the foundation should be paid for it's services via the budgeting system (which it has)

But unfortunately, the Foundation just sits there, with no reports, no activity. I think we need to begin building it up so it's ready for use. We will need it soon.

With Evan talking about "Branch Offices", I simply can't see trusting just anyone to run a Dash branch office and getting paid via the budgeting system. Who is to ensure they're representing Dash correctly, or even functioning and not just taking their daily stipend and doing nothing? I see this idea, if it's adopted, directly being run by the foundation. If branches must exist.

We will soon need to lobby on Dash's behalf in Washington, Belgium and Ottawa, London etc... Yes, lobbyists. We will need to retain a strong legal team, probably several for different areas of the world. The Foundation will be needed to head this.

I know I'm a bit early on this stuff again, I'm looking a few years into the future, but we need strong membership, strong governance, adherence to the bylaws (which seem very boilerplate) It needs to be cleaned up and ready to go. I don't think anything has been done on the website in 2 years??

If the current board of directors can't pull this together, we should elect new directors, or more directors if the current group is necessary (like Evan, Fernando, etc... because we trust them) Or even better, the Foundation should be given a budget to hire people to work on cleaning it up, maintaining the site, and doing the work we need done.

Lets not leave this until the last minute. There is plenty of work we can already have the Foundation do today if we wanted to. How about organizing a big Dash conference? Maybe it's time to host one ourselves now. The Foundation, if it had employees, could do this, and do it well.

Hell, a conference, if done well, can raise even more funds for spreading the word and adoption!

#1 TanteStefana, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Group Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

i agree to some degree
    definitely the foundation needs a revamp and a new board !
    isn't it time for some elections ?
    :rolleyes:
    (members vote only - as they are the only once paid fees - this has nothing to do with MN's)

• Like Like x 2
  3. halso

halso Active Member

How about a proposal to refund all foundation member fees. Then disband the current system, and have MNs vote for the foundation.

Seems like a missed opportunity not having MNs vote for foundation board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Dash Core Group Linguistic Foundation Member

I like that idea, halso. I think the foundation would get a lot more use/attention that way

5. ec1warc1

ec1warc1 Member

As a community project, Dash needs to keep its image up as high as it can, else people will not invest their time and money into the project. Would you deposit your money into a bank that didn't clean up from last year's Christmas party? No. Dash is no different.

Image is one of the most important things we offer our users and investors.

Thus, as a community, we need the very best image possible. However that relates to the Foundation, I may not be the best to judge. But, if the website is not updated constantly, then it is more of a problem than a solution.

6. flare

flare Administrator
    Core Developer Moderator

I like the idea. Nevertheless it does not comply to US foundation jurisdiction, where the election needs to be done by its members - and not masternodes.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. halso

halso Active Member

Ok, then lets change the roles and responsilities of members. One of their new duties will be to periodicly elect a foundation board, which, will relect the wishes of a popular MN vote.

So, for the purposes of electing the foundation board, members will become effective delegates.

There are lots of precedents of this type of arranagement happening elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rustycase

rustycase Active Member

Would someone post a link to the specific description of the DASH Foundation so I may understand it's function, and if provisions are made for changes to it's scope of activity ?

...I labor under the possible misconception the MasterNode owners are mercenary and mundane, with the Foundation being philanthropical and altruistic when representing DASH, legally.

Best
    rc

9. FungibilityMan

How does someone get into the foundation?

10. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Group Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

11. FungibilityMan

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jeff young

Jeff young New Member

Thanks for the information