Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Testing v3.14.1

Discussion in 'Android' started by InhumanPerfection, Jun 28, 2018.

1. InhumanPerfection

My Dash Copay test:
    • Receive: it don't recognize InstantSend TX
    • Send:
      • InstantSend doesn't work - it's not even trying to send InstantSend - tx fee is low (0.00001 dash/kb). However I was able to send InstantSend TX only once (it was with "Urgent" fee, however I can't reproduce IntantSend transaction anymore)
      • When TX is unconfirmed it just shows error "Insufficient funds" (if you press on it - it will send you to support.bitpay.com ?!). It's very confusing message - I need to guess that it's because I just sent some funds and change is unconfirmed now. Besides sane message it probably should navigate me to menu where I can select "Use unconfirmed funds"
      • This error: "InstantSend requires all Dash you are sending to be held for about 15-20 min (minimum 6 network confirmations)":
        • probably it should provide ability to send ordinary TX
        • seems that it's doesn't respect network value of necessary amount of confirmations (which is 2 on testnet)
        • when this message appears it shows Fee: Normal and then "... ..." instead of real fee amount
        • when this message appears if you will try to "Slide to send" then this error appears again and it stuck on "Creating transaction"
    • Sometimes appears error "Could not get dynamic fee" when trying to change fee
    • When trying to add address from Dash Core payment request to Address Book it doesn't clear "?amount=0.12345678&IS=1" at the end and mark address as invalid
    • When trying to view old TXs - error "Transaction not available at this time"
    • When trying to tap on USD value in Sent or Received TX (in Recent Transactions) - the USD value changes to Bitcoin market price at time of TX
    • When adding new wallet: "Please enter password..." dialog goes out of screen bounds when keyboard is pop ups
    • In Sent TX (in Recent Transactions) in Fee field "x.xx USD - x.xx% of the transaction"
      • in german it appears as "x.xx USD - x.xx% SOMETHING_IN_THAI_ALPHABET"
      • in russian it appears as "x.xx USD of the transaction" (without %-value)
    • - Mixed languages (english and another language)
      • on initial wizard (first start)
      • new wallet: on entering password ("Please enter password..." and "Are you sure?" dialog)
      • in Home "Dash Wallets" (only in russian and german)
      • in Receive: "Generate new address" (only for german)
      • in Settings: in fee policy (only for russian)
    • On Receive -> Request specific amount:
      • if you type amount in USD then in next step you see "btc" not "dash" (and only 2 digits after decimal point)
    • When typing amount in "Send" or in "Receive -> Request specific amount": you can type up to 17 digits after decimal point for DASH
    • Bitcoins instead of Dash
      • in japanese and chinese:
        • everywhere is bitcoin
      • in russian:
        • in Home when no wallets: "Create bitcoin-wallet"
        • in Send
          • when no wallet: "...get some bitcoin"
          • when no funds: "...buy bitcoin" "...receive bitcoin" "Show bitcoin address"
          • in "Recepient" field "... enter bitcoin address"
        • in Settings: "Bitcoin fee policy"
        • Settings - Wallet settings - More options - Wallet addresses: "Each bitcoin wallet..."
    • In Settings: "Share dash copay" changes language only after app restart
    • "Hide balance" option resets after "Tap and hold to show" (this issue in original copay too)
    • No "notifications" menu in settings (and no notifications at all)
    • Settings - Wallet settings - More options - Wallet service URL - in description URL: bws.bitpay.com
    • In "Recent transactions" red color with amount of transactions is confusing (like you have new transactions)
    I think it's enough for the first time... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. InhumanPerfection

And I have a question: Where is the source code?
    Copay is open-source wallet. Why Dash Copay source code is not available?

3. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

geeez good find - you would think from your list Dash Core performed zero testing on this before release....

4. InhumanPerfection

My Dash Copay test #2 (new version 3.14.1 from 2018-08-25 -- why version is the same as 2 months ago?)
    • InstantSend: still not working when you scanning address (if you paste address - IS works fine)
    • InstantSend: if you try to InstantSend all funds (by selecting "Send max amount") it will show message "0.0000xx DASH will be deducted for Dash networking fees" (which is not correct IS fee) and after "Slide to send" you will receive error "Error at confirm: Error querying the blockchain". After this funds will unusable until you delete "Payment proposal".
    • Balance: there is no way to see last 2 digits (0.000000xx - marked by xx); in conjunction with previous error it's impossible to create IS transaction that can send all your funds (because you don't know exact amount and you can't enter it deducting exactly 0.0001 for IS fee)
    • Camera always ON since app start (while phone is on the table I hear clicks - camera is trying to focus) - there is no such behaviour in original Copay (edit: you can also check it by trying to enable flashlight with button from top notification area (while the app in foreground) - it will not work)
    • Inconsistency in "Dash Network Fee Policy": values are different - in Settings from 1.358 duff/byte to 1.537 duff/byte; and in Sending wizard from 20 duff/byte to 225 duff/byte (and why so high fees?!)
    • In "Dash Network Fee Policy" before sending transaction:
    • Button OK shifted downward
    • When select Fee level "Custom" - "Enter custom fee" field shifted right and one digit is not visible
    And when source code will be released?

#4 InhumanPerfection, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Liz R

Liz R New Member

Yikes! Sorry you had so many issues. Can you share what device you were testing on, and whether you were testing on testnet vs. mainnet? Also, were you able to uninstall/reinstall it before testing?

Regarding the source code - following up with Engineering on a date for release - will share an update once we finalize the plan. Thanks for your help and thorough testing.

• Old Old x 1
  6. InhumanPerfection

Devices:
    Nokia 6.1 (TA-1043), Android 8.1.0
    Lenovo K3 Note (K50-t5), Android 6.0
    (all bugs/inconsistencies/behavior are same for both devices)

Tested on both testnet and mainnet (results are same).
    Old version was uninstalled before testing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liz R

Liz R New Member

Cool. Thanks for the info. Will pass along to the team.