• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Technically possible? - Free Re-Proposals

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
If someone could prove they previously made a proposal and it was successful within the last 12 months, then maybe the price of their next proposal could be zero.

Can someone confirm whether this is technically possible?

Thanks

Well, I guess that should be possilble via a hardfork. But I've not checked the source code.

What would be the purpose of such change?

I guess it's a replacement for "proposal_amount + proposal_fee" math proposal owners have to do manually for each proposal they submit now. I would argue though that this is fine and there is no need to implement that kind of logic on a consensus level (proposal fee is a part of consensus).

Well, I guess that should be possilble via a hardfork. But I've not checked the source code.

I was thinking, maybe it would encourage more proposals from people that have already won the support of MNOs. That is to say, it's unlikely that someone would spam the network if their last proposal had successfully passed. We have a number of repeat submitters and I don't see why we must bring another five dash into existence to protect us from them.. kind of hard to imagine them spamming the network.

I was thinking, maybe it would encourage more proposals from people that have already won the support of MNOs. That is to say, it's unlikely that someone would spam the network if their last proposal had successfully passed. We have a number of repeat submitters and I don't see why we must bring another five dash into existence to protect us from them.. kind of hard to imagine them spamming the network.

Got it. Yet I guess this is a non-issue now: people who already got funding from budgeting system can usually find another 5dash to submit a proposal.

Got it. Yet I guess this is a non-issue now: people who already got funding from budgeting system can usually find another 5dash to submit a proposal.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/stressing-dash-budget-proposal-taught/

"The bottom line in this whole swirl of thoughts is that, at the end of the day, we aren’t guaranteed a job. No one owes us a piece of the pie. We have to do our very best to provide the best value possible, get along with the community, be mindful of the needs of the ecosystem and roles already being filled, and make a convincing case to the masternodes that we should continue to be funded. Failure is absolutely an option, and that knowledge keeps the Dash ecosystem hungry, efficient, and powerful. It’s that drive that will put Dash at the forefront of the digital currency field."

Seasoned repeaters (such as Dash Force News) still have anxiety whether their proposal will succeed.. and I suppose it could be argued this is a good thing; keeps them on their toes. However, they will, nevertheless, request that another 5 dash comes into existence, and that happens with EVERY subsequent proposal, they see no reward for good reputation and it adds no value to the project they are proposing.

Over time those 5 dash reimbursements add up to unnecessary inflation when it just seems so unnecessary.

Back