• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Suggestion: "Buy Dash" feature in Wallet

Would a "Buy Dash" feature in the Dash Wallet improve ease-of-use?

• Yeah

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Possible

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Partnering with an Exchange is a bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ElvisRe

I really like Dash's desire to make digital currency easy. Could the process of buying Dash be simplified?

People new to digital currency ask: "How do I buy Dash, and how do I know which exchange to trust?"
How about a "Buy Dash" button in the Dash wallet?
Perhaps Dash could partner with an exchange (or multiple) to offer this feature?

It sounds like Kracken may be hoping to implement a similar feature in a wallet:
Youtube: "Why Kraken Acquisition Of Glidera Service Is A Game Changer For Bitcoin (The Cryptoverse #166)"

a bottom in dash wallet ?
but then wehere will be the fiat or btc connection ?
connect your CC or btc wallet to dash wallet :rolleyes:
i do not think so tbh (i do not know enough from a tech standpoint) but would see some serious security issues there

i am not sure why buying dash is such a problem
enough exchanges are out there to trade or sell direct - i personally do not see a problem there

Yeah, that's good idea.

First, we just put the list of website where people can buy Dash like exchange, wall of coins, or dashous,.. and then user only click on one of those links to buy Dash.

Yeah, that's good idea.

First, we just put the list of website where people can buy Dash like exchange, wall of coins, or dashous,.. and then user only click on one of those links to buy Dash.

Yeah, Dash's existing list of exchanges is a great start!

a bottom in dash wallet ?
but then wehere will be the fiat or btc connection ?
connect your CC or btc wallet to dash wallet :rolleyes:
i do not think so tbh (i do not know enough from a tech standpoint) but would see some serious security issues there

i am not sure why buying dash is such a problem
enough exchanges are out there to trade or sell direct - i personally do not see a problem there

I suppose you're right that buying dash isn't a huge problem. I'm just trying to think of ways to make using Dash easier for non-technical people. We want more people to use it, right!

And you're right that there could be security issues. Relying on just 1 exchange would be unwise. And having the Dash Wallet handle Credit Card info is probably also unsafe. Perhaps for now the "Buy Dash" button would launch a page listing known Dash exchanges, and their community ratings? Something like https://www.dash.org/exchanges , but with ratings & rankings and more info.

Back