Suggestion: A "General Discussions" where only Masternode Owners can see and post.

Coqui33

Oct 16, 2017
Regarding the suggestion to apply for the MNO role in Discord (which has the drawback that it requires manual intevention), be advised that I requested the Discord MNO role on the morning of 3 November 2017 and have been ignored. I have just made a second request. If I am ignored again, I will give up on the discord solution.

R

RGXDK

@Coqui33

Even if it worked, a chat system is not a place for these discussions. Can't search, can't organize by topic, it's all bundled together in an endless unsearchable unorganized string of messages.

Coqui33

Oct 16, 2017
@Coqui33

Even if it worked, a chat system is not a place for these discussions. Can't search, can't organize by topic, it's all bundled together in an endless unsearchable unorganized string of messages.
I agree. I just felt that I should at least give it a shot. I have done so.

For the reasons you cite, as well as for depending on fallible manual intervention, I doubt it can serve the spirit of Dash governance -- supporting those with skin in the game while silencing those without.

R

RGXDK

@tungfa @moocowmoo bosses, could we give this idea a go and if it doens't work in 3 months we take it back? Just so we are clear, a forum where everyone can see but only users with the masternode badge can post, reply, and rate posts (agree / disagree / like / dislike etc). A suggestion for the name would be " General Discussion (Masternode Owners)".

Coqui33

Oct 16, 2017
May I suggest that any MNO who wants such a forum should post a thread in budget pre-proposals offering to pay for it. There are many freelance coders out there who would build it to make a profit. (I used to be one, many years ago.)

Once someone makes a serious proposal, the MNOs can vote on it. The decision is in the hands of the MNOs. Use Dash's unique governance system. Let the market decide.

Last edited:

Acedian

Mar 17, 2017
Dash Address
XeMABbcebB5yeZH2HxsV7yLNJA9hbzMgpz
Masternode Owners VS non Masternode Owners.

LETS GET THEM!

LETS STOP BEING THE SLAVES OF THE MASTERNODES OWNERS AND OF THE OLD GREEDY DASH GENERATIONS!

STOP THE CENSORSHIP! LET THE BANNED PEOPLE TALK!
I'm so sick of the tension
Sick of the hunger
Sick of you acting like I owe you this
Find another place to feed your greed
While I find a place to rest

Reactions: demo
R

RGXDK

@tungfa @moocowmoo bosses, could we give this idea a go and if it doens't work in 3 months we take it back? Just so we are clear, a forum where everyone can see but only users with the masternode badge can post, reply, and rate posts (agree / disagree / like / dislike etc). A suggestion for the name would be " General Discussion (Masternode Owners)".
Just following this up. Let me know if we need to buy a plugin or something and I'll personally buy it and donate the license to dash.org