• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Suggestion: A "General Discussions" where only Masternode Owners can see and post.

R

RGXDK

I'd like to suggest a general discussions tab that only masternode owners (with the badge) can participate and see. Amanda Johnson used to say in her videos that Dash is different, we don't make decisions on reddit because we don't know if /u/Banana123 is even a member of the network.

Well we have the same issue here in the forum, where we don't know if Banana123 is a masternode owner or not. I bring up a serious topic any positive discussion is berried in irrelevant comments.

@tungfa , could we please have that?

Last edited:
Forum is not a place where any kind of decisions are supposed to be made - we have a voting system to make them.
Masternode owners does not have an obligation to "wear" a badge on the forum. This is up to them to decide whether they want to do it or not.

Forum is not a place where any kind of decisions are supposed to be made - we have a voting system to make them.

I never said it is. We cannot have discussions in the voting system and we need a place for discussions between MNOs.

Masternode owners does not have an obligation to "wear" a badge on the forum. This is up to them to decide whether they want to do it or not.

Yes, and your point is? If MNOs don't want to have the badge then they just don't see the contents of that forum. No one is obligating anyone to participate in anything.

I agree that decisions are implemented by voting. But I also feel that prior discussion of proposal pros and cons is absolutely essential (to me at least) in reaching my decisions. I agree with the OP. A forum only for MNOs is a great idea.

I don't see any reasonable point in this.
This forum was always open to everyone - we have never limited access to information about Dash to anyone. I don't see any reason to change it.

@kot
The point is to allow MNOs to discuss between each other, the forum will continue to be open to everyone, just that part will be limited to MNOs.

You misinterpret the voting system as a place to have discussions
You misinterpret our intentions to force MNO to wear a badge
You misinterpret an open forum for pre-budget discussion with the one we're suggesting
and now you're misinterpreting that we are suggesting limiting access to Dash information to anyone.

Can you please stop? It's irritating. You are a project manager, you have a platform to discuss your things with your team members. We would like a platform to discuss things with other Masternode Owners too. What part of this is hard to understand?

Is this some sort of ongoing power struggle between developers and investors? If so, I want no part of it. Please forgive me if this is a touchy subject, but like most investors I worry about how my money is used.

Guys, I am sorry but you apparently don't understand very basic thing - many masternode owners are not going to reveal an information about the fact that they own masternode(s). And I understand them very well - this is about fundaments of crypto-currencies. You are proposing to implement a solution that could affect their right for privacy. In your "vision" MN owners do not have an access to information unless they are declaring themselves publicly as owners (and exposing immediately for some interested agencies).

Here in Dash we consider privacy a fundamental human right. I seriously doubt that the idea of having closed forum for declared MNs would be accepted enthusiastically - especially by "old-timers" and libertarians, who really care about freedom and privacy.
But let's see what the others are saying.

@kot
You are proposing to implement a solution that could affect their right for privacy.

What part of our suggestion could you possibly be confusing with something that could affect their rights to privacy? Masternode badge is completely voluntary.

Here in Dash we consider privacy a fundamental human right

What does this bullshit has to do with anything? Are you trying to sound smart? It isn't working.

especially by "old-timers" and libertarians, who really care about freedom and privacy.

Are you yet again misinterpreting this suggestion as if we don't care about freedom and privacy? If you don't want a Masternode badge then don't get one, if you don't want to participate in the masternode forum we are suggesting, then don't.

I'd like to suggest a general discussions tab that only masternode owners (with the badge) can participate and see.
So, that would mean that you'd be out of those conversations right ? In that case, I'm in :D. Just kidding @RGXDK. Although I disagree on 99 % you always saying at least you force me to think about my own choices and reinforce them :).

About your idea, I guess you could create your own website where only could subscribe MNO by signing from their Masternode. And if you don't have the skills, I'm sure that, if your idea is seen as worthy amongst Masternode, you will find some capable MNO that would help you to build such a thing. Hands to work @RGXDK !

I wouldn't be opposed to creating a separate section in the forum where only MNOs who optionally wear the badge can access, or perhaps open to everyone to view but only MNOs can post. Either one. But I don't think this is necessary, because the existing forum is already sufficient for MNOs to discuss amongst each other. The presence of non-MNOs I do not think makes a big difference especially when you can still see who has identified themselves as a MNO and who hasn't.

By the way, there is a channel for MNOs only in the Dash Nation Discord chat. Contact a moderator in the discord for assistance if you are not there already and want to participate.

@TroyDASH

The irrefutable argument on why this is a good idea is the one made by Amanda when she commented on why we don't made decisions on reddit. If we don't make decisions there because we don't know if Banana123 is a member of the network. It follows that we shouldn't have discussions on an open forum where Banana123 can have hundreds of posts and still not be a member.

I'm not advocating for restricting the forum or changing the way that it works today. I am advocating a new section, one that we don't have today, where only MNOs can see and post. I really don't see any way one could argue against this idea objectively. Just give this section to us and if try for 3 months. If we don't make good use of it or if the idea causes problems we just remove it.

Ps1: my Masternode Owner badge is not showing due to an error in the forum. The admins are working on it.
Ps2: Discord or Slack is not productive because #1 post can't be referenced, #2 post can't be searched, #3 ideas can't be grouped in threads.

@Leonidas
I am ignoring all your posts from now on since you never make any contribution to the topic in question.

... there is a channel for MNOs only in the Dash Nation Discord chat. Contact a moderator in the discord for assistance if you are not there already and want to participate.
I have pursued this suggestion. First, to be assigned a MNO "role" in Discord requires a mod's manual intervention (unlike here, where signature verification is instant). Second, it requires installing one more app on my overworked tablet. For 3-5, see RGXDK's most recent post above. Is that really the best we can do?

I have pursued this suggestion. First, to be assigned a MNO "role" in Discord requires a mod's manual intervention (unlike here, where signature verification is instant). Second, it requires installing one more app on my overworked tablet. For 3-5, see RGXDK's most recent post above. Is that really the best we can do?
It does currently require manual intervention, but (1) this might not always be the case, and (2) it's not like we are experiencing a load of requests that we can't handle. No reason any MNO who wanted to couldn't get added in a day. As for your tablet, I can't speak to that :)

@TroyDASH

The irrefutable argument on why this is a good idea is the one made by Amanda when she commented on why we don't made decisions on reddit. If we don't make decisions there because we don't know if Banana123 is a member of the network. It follows that we shouldn't have discussions on an open forum where Banana123 can have hundreds of posts and still not be a member.

I'm not advocating for restricting the forum or changing the way that it works today. I am advocating a new section, one that we don't have today, where only MNOs can see and post. I really don't see any way one could argue against this idea objectively. Just give this section to us and if try for 3 months. If we don't make good use of it or if the idea causes problems we just remove it.

Ps1: my Masternode Owner badge is not showing due to an error in the forum. The admins are working on it.
Ps2: Discord or Slack is not productive because #1 post can't be referenced, #2 post can't be searched, #3 ideas can't be grouped in threads.

About Banana123, you referenced Amanda stating we don't make decisions on Reddit because we don't know if Banana123 is a member of the network. That's true, but that's not what is going on here. On this forum we *do* know if Banana123 is a self-identified MNO. The fact that Banana123 can have hundreds of posts was not part of your original statement. Being able to post hundreds of times does not mean MNOs will think Banana123 is an MNO, unless Banana123 has the badge.

Discord is not good for being able to refer back to things, but it's great for being able to discuss things quickly and work out differences in opinion. After you are through with a discussion and you are convinced of something or someone else is convinced of something, then you or they can write it on the forum to cast it in stone. But it does work a lot faster than the stop-and-go of the forum.

Back