• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Slow keypool generation

Bridgewater

Foundation Member
I recently switched VPS providers for some of my masternodes, and have encountered some extreme slowdowns during the keypool generation phase when creating the wallet.dat.

My hunch is that even though the CPU and memory resources are not taxed, the physical server host's RNG might have some kind of hard limit that I might be maxing out by creating multiple wallets within a short time span. The first wallet is fully created in seconds, but any subsequent wallet crated that same day will take hours to fully generate the keypool.

I've currently used the --disablewallet command to sync and put off generating the wallets, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Question:
Do remote (Hot) masternodes need the full 1000 keys to operate normally? Is there a command to limit the key generation during initial wallet creation?

Thanks in advance

Is there a command to limit the key generation during initial wallet creation?

Code:
  strUsage += "  -keypool=<n>  " + _("Set key pool size to <n> (default: 100)") + "\n";

So, just use the -keypool parameter.

("default: 100" should read "default: 1000", I have to change that text)

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
  strUsage += "  -keypool=<n>  " + _("Set key pool size to <n> (default: 100)") + "\n";

So, just use the -keypool parameter.

("default: 100" should read "default: 1000", I have to change that text)

Thanks!! This should save me a lot of wait time.

Back