• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Simplifying the onboarding of talent

TaoOfSatoshi

Hi everyone!

Through my conversations on Twitter, I have identified another point of failure. Developers or any kind of professional who may want to join Dash Nation don't have a simplified way of doing it.

There is no specific place for talent to go and say "Hey, I want to help, here are my qualifications." and submit it to the proper people.

This is what I propose: A page on dash.org specifically designed to recruit talent (dash.org/recruitment). There, we could post an areas of current need bulletin board, and have a "Join Dash!" button.

When this button is clicked, the person could fill out their contact info and indicate where they would like to help. Depending on the position applied for, the email would be sent to the appropriate person.

If we had such a site to do this, we could then start to direct all interested talent to this website, streamlining the recruitment process.

AndyDark has mentioned he could use some help with Evolution, but as of now there is no clear way to onboard talent. Through this idea, we can change that.

Tao

YES YES YES YES YES!

Our onboarding process is our main weak point, its NOT easy to get involved with Dash, you have got to REALLY want it. And we need to fix that, I've been saying this for soooo long, thank you for pointing it out Tao!

We need some sort "recruitment" style page for volunteers and wanna be core members alike.

Might be not the most efficient - ever, but I agree that a form of "work with Dash" is proper

...its NOT easy to get involved with Dash, you have got to REALLY want it.

Actually I think this is still a VERY get selection criterion...I'd rather have one dev who REALLY wants it than 10 who just clicked on a button to see what's coming next.

But, like Andy I think it's a nice idea therefore I support Tao's idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think this is still a VERY get selection criterion...I'd rather have one dev who REALLY wants it than 10 who just clicked on a button to see what's coming next.

But, like Andy I think it's a nice idea therefore support Tao's idea.
It takes 10 devs to click a button to get 1 dev who really wants it :wink:
Hopefully it takes only 10 though... :rolleyes:

But, like Andy I think it's a nice idea therefore I support Tao's idea.

Not everyone who wants to get involved needs to be or is a dev though, some people just wanna help spread the love on social media or write a blog post or two....

It just makes sense to give people one place to go to indicate their interest, and get the notifications to the right people. Like was mentioned, you'll get a lot of tire-kickers, but through that, the real interested people will have an easy place to join the team.

If we can make this site and spread it around, people that may not know how to join us and may have just said "f it" previously would have a venue where they know that we will hear about their interest.

It seems that this idea has support. I'm glad because we should make it easy to attract all the talent we can to Dash.

Now it's just about the design and details.

Back