• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

SIM Toolkit based client for DRK

thefrog

Hi

After reading some articles about how people use NON SMART phones in 3rd world countries, and rely solely on old phones which have SIM Toolkit, I had this idea.

Could / would it be possible to create a SIM toolkit based wallet/client, so that also folks without money for a smart phone could use DRK ?

Would be I think huge.

Good idea, but how to do this with respecting the privacy of the mobile phone owners?
Have no idea (yet). As I understand it, SIM toolkit works somehow like wap connection, so the application would basically communicate using some API with some online wallet.
Mobile operators in Africa do it like this, that you can basically charge your money onto the phone credit and pay for goods using that.

I remember times when also banks in Europe began their internet banking via WAP. And it worked.

Imagine DRK being first crypto with SIM toolkit based wallet access, where you can run it on a phone that costs $30 and not need any smart phone at all.

And to be honest, me myself I love the iPad, but hate iPhone/Android as phones. Still stuck with my trusty e53 with Symbian on it (and no, there is not even a Symbian wallet for DRK) ;-/

Back