• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

BUG REPORT: Should the votes of a former masternode that just keeps his collateral be counted?

Should the votes of a former masternode that just keeps his collateral be counted?

• Total voters
I was paid before for some tiny bug discovery, and I wasnt KYC. Who changed the rules? Does he/she has KYC? If yes, is he still an active member of DCG. If not, why his rules are still valid?

Good question, also way above my paygrade! I imagine it has something to do with the US system DCG operates under - perhaps this was before the official bug bounty was announced?

Not everyone. The one who made the mistake, either the designer or the coder, or both.

I imagine this one was Evan Duffield, since it's been this way from the start of MNs to my knowledge...

I was paid before for some tiny bug discovery, and I wasnt KYC. Who changed the rules? Does he/she has KYC? If yes, is he still an active member of DCG. If not, why his rules are still valid?

Good question, also way above my paygrade! I imagine it has something to do with the US system DCG operates under - perhaps this was before the official bug bounty was announced?

I dont remember the date bug bounties were given to me. I should investigate the dates in my address.

Not everyone. The one who made the mistake, either the designer or the coder, or both.

I imagine this one was Evan Duffield, since it's been this way from the start of MNs to my knowledge...

This should be investigated. But even in case it was Evan's fault, this bug has been announced since one year now, and no designer ever dealt with it.

So the paid designer that is responsible for this field should be accused of negligence, and some of his compensation should be reduced and should be given to the tester who discovered the bug (myself).

Last edited:
If you were a tester, your job would be to write *clear* and *concise* bug reports, ideally in our official Slack. Issue is, we can't possibly trust you to behave yourself there considering you've previously been muted/banned from pretty much every community outlet in Dash at this point and I seem to be the only one who will engage with you :p

But once you wrote it clearly, with steps you'll notice I jumped in. The original post didn't have that, and the signal to noise ratio is large here. I might have had an issue with how you presented it, but I passed it on because communication is important and I wanted you to get at least an acknowledgement and thanks for reporting it - this is how most open source software works btw, at least those that aren't backed by a large company. Contrary to popular belief, DCG is not a large company

Last edited:
Thanks for trying to get DCG to recognize me for reporting the bug, but my goal is not to get my name mentioned.

What I want is to change the false status quo, so that developers and designers fear bugs discovered by unknown testers. I want this fear to be real and to be reflected to their salary. Because both the current devs and (especially) the designers are unaccountable for whatever mistake they make.

Thanks for trying to get DCG to recognize me for reporting the bug, but my goal is not to get my name mentioned.

What I want is to change the false status quo, so that developers and designers fear bugs discovered by unknown testers. I want this fear to be real and to be reflected to their salary. Because the current devs and (especially) the designers are unaccountable for whatever mistake they make.
I think it comes down to a stick vs carrot approach, if a fear such as this is real and very crippling, enough to stop people maybe being able to pay for essentials, do you think they'd ever want to change anything? Software is never, ever 100% bug free... there have been plenty of bugs in every crypto, BTC, LTC, ETH, MAYA, DASH, etc. I can't name one cryptocurrency that's never had a single bug except maybe very simply smart contracts

They'd just go work elsewhere, we wouldn't have anyone left who wants to work on DASH. Especially when you just suggested someone should get punished for an old bug that's been that way since the Evan Duffield days

I think rewards for writing good code are better than a slap for writing bad code

I think it comes down to a stick vs carrot approach, if a fear such as this is real and very crippling, enough to stop people maybe being able to pay for essentials, do you think they'd ever want to change anything? Software is never, ever 100% bug free... there have been plenty of bugs in every crypto, BTC, LTC, ETH, MAYA, DASH, etc. I can't name one cryptocurrency that's never had a single bug except maybe very simply smart contracts

They'd just go work elsewhere, we wouldn't have anyone left who wants to work on DASH. Especially when you just suggested someone should get punished for an old bug that's been that way since the Evan Duffield days

I think rewards for writing good code are better than a slap for writing bad code
Total absense of accountability has already been the status quo here, everywhere. And the result is hundreds of failed projects and lines of code, EVO being developed for 6 years in javascript and rewritten from scratch, huge delays in code and project timelines, the DIF being invested in valkyrie investmens and 457000 USD lost, e.t.c.

Accountability has never been tried here in Dash. Why dont you give it a chance?

Everyone should be accountable, clauses should be signed and paid in case of failure or delay.
This occurs to all serious businesses.
Let the clowns go, let serious people arrive and help. Lets be serious, at last.

Last edited:
Total absense of accountability has already been the status quo here, everywhere. And the result is hundreds of failed projects and lines of code, EVO being developed for 6 years in javascript and rewritten from scratch, huge delays in code and project timelines, the DIF being invested in valkyrie investmens and 457000 USD lost, e.t.c.

Accountability has never been tried here in Dash. Why dont you give it a chance?

Everyone should be accountable, clauses should be signed and paid in case of failure or delay.
This occurs to all serious businesses.
Let the clowns go, let serious people arrive and help. Lets be serious, at last.
Can you name me a "serious business" that operates like you're suggesting? Generally people will be fired for gross misconduct in serious businesses if they really mess up, but in most countries pay cannot be docked just because you've written a bad line of code or didn't notice a bug report

Can you name me a "serious business" that operates like you're suggesting? Generally people will be fired for gross misconduct in serious businesses if they really mess up, but in most countries pay cannot be docked just because you've written a bad line of code or didn't notice a bug report

When a company wants something from another company, they sign an agreement with deadlines and clauses.
And in case the deadline is out of time , or something went wrong, the company that is about to be paid loses a portion of its compensation.

Where are you living? In space?

My point here is that DCG should consist of freelancers and contractors, and not employees.

Last edited:
Back