• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

should i start mining? whats the best hardware?

daarion4

Hi
I Still haven't got around to getting a miner working on Windows 7 64 bit , just wanted to get some ideas from people and hopefully those who have mining experience.

Heres what I have, nvid gtx 780. and a i7 4770k cpu. i know amd cards are better for mining but is it worth it to even try with a nvid card since its what I have. what kinds of yields could i get from these hardware. its for my gaming rig so i dont know if mining on them is even a good idea seeing as it could run my hardware hotter? though i heard x11 runs cooler.

look im not a programmer or anything, i was hoping to read a in depth guide on getting drk coin mining started because the technical side of things is a daunting task. i totally missed out on the drk pump recently which really bums me. can anyone show me the best guide that will actually get me mining right on windows?

is it worth it to mine with this hardware or should i get a whole new 2k+ rig with overpriced scarce amd 7950s ? i see peoplle at the pool pulling like 40 coins a day with 500 kh/s or something , how are they able to do that? multiple rigs?

thanks for help

Back