• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Setting up more than one masternode with linux.

DarkWater

Foundation Member
So I have read several of the guides here on this website, and thanks to Tao's excellent walkthrough I was able to successfully set up my first masternode.

The issue im having is setting up the second masternode. I know there is setting up descrete wallets per masternode but that seems like an inefficient way of doing it. I am running my masternodes off of a local offline wallet on ubuntu 14.04 and running my masternodes on vultr.

I set up my masternode.conf file with the alias, YOURip, collateral transaction and index. The QT wallet recongizes my setup, when I go to execute my second masternode it says cannot verifiy pin. Sometimes it will tell me that my masternode has started sucessfully, even with changing the darkcoin.conf file to the second masternode, and I still do not get any confirmation on grep yourip or HotCold commands.

I one thing I did differently was i used getaccountaddress 1 instead of using 0, thinking that was what was needed to generate a second address and not override my current one.

does anything have to changed in darkcoin.conf to make the multiple masternode system work? I have read that this isnt necessary with the masternode.conf file as this was made to greatly simplify this process.

Any insight would be of great help, i've been at this for hours going in circles.

If you run more than 1 mastenode, do you create a new server on Vultr for each masternode you have?

Each Masternode needs a unique IP, so if Vultr offers VPS with more than one IP (I don't now, never used Vultr) you can host more than one Masternode per instance.

Back