• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Setting Up Dash Wallet On Raspberry Pi (1,2 or 3)

lord2jays

Hello All!
First off, thank you very much to those who have helped me so far, the Dash community is very friendly and welcoming and Tungfa, GNULinux, Bill Cassidy and a few others have been very helpful via the #dashpay page on Freenode web chat. Top work all who are involved and supporters too.

K, thing is, I feel that setting up a wallet on a Raspberry Pi computer is woefully difficult. This is surely holding back a lot of people (from a similar community to the Cyrpto-crowd) from getting on board.

The video guides available are inaccurate and do not represent the reality of trying to download and install Dash onto the device.

Having had 2 or 3 working versions of the wallet at various points over the last 18-24 months I have constantly run into problems with updates and migrations. This has resulted in missing coins, wallet.dat files, endless copying and re-trying of codes in Linux and a huge headache.

I'm sure I speak for many people who have tried and failed at the first hurdle to set-up a wallet, never mind Xpress payments, master nodes or miners.

Please could someone update these guides??? I'd be happy to go through anything and my experiences via the #dashpay page.

Thank you everyone who has helped me so far, it is very much appreciated!

Peace

Hey lord2jays - thanks for the mention, I recall helping you get a wallet installed on pi or ubuntu a while back.
Which guides are you referring too exactly though? Is there a guide for a wallet on raspberrypi. I know there are threads that exists but I've never seen an actual guide for raspberry pi. If you point me to the guides you are referring too might be able to help get them updated.

I forgot to mention. You might like this recent proposal submitted by OKtoshi
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-p...or-pi-2-pi-3-pine64-and-new-iot-devices.8329/

It makes the process very simple.

Last edited:
Hey there

K, thing is, I feel that setting up a wallet on a Raspberry Pi computer is woefully difficult. This is surely holding back a lot of people (from a similar community to the Cyrpto-crowd) from getting on board.

i do not know about set up Wallets on RP1, i know we have a guide for Masternodes, MN's are always difficult (i think) as this is really "Pro" territory
(i can not do it myself

Having had 2 or 3 working versions of the wallet at various points over the last 18-24 months I have constantly run into problems with updates and migrations. This has resulted in missing coins, wallet.dat files, endless copying and re-trying of codes in Linux and a huge headache.
What really !?i am not sure if i met anybody actually losing coins in migration/updating
normally this comes down to 'human error' (no offence) of people not saving their wallet.dat (double back up)

if you have any pointers which guides are wrong or out of date please let me know
happy to look into it

Aight, thanks for the replies, I'm going to be a bit busy over the coming week or so, but I'll be trying stuff and compiling the exact inaccuracies of the guides and trying to break it down point by point.
And Tungfa, you are right about the 'human error'! That's part of it for sure!

Back