• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Sent Dash currency to wrong address

Roomec3

Hi, could someone advise, i've accidentally sent some Dash to an ETC wallet directly. Does anyone know what I can do? It seems to be in processing but I'm guessing it won't work or convert. It's now frozen my wallet and will not do any more transfers.

Hi, could someone advise, i've accidentally sent some Dash to an ETC wallet directly. ...
HOW?

I mean. Did you send it from qt wallet or from exchange? I can't imagine how it was possible to send it from qt wallet so I guess it's the later. In that case you need to contact them and ask for a fix.

HOW?

I mean. Did you send it from qt wallet or from exchange? I can't imagine how it was possible to send it from qt wallet so I guess it's the later. In that case you need to contact them and ask for a fix.

Good question. I was using shapeshift to get a small amount of Dash into a new ETC wallet.

Instead of sending the Dash to the shapeshift wallet, to do the exchange, i accidentally sent it to my ETC wallet directly.

The transfer seems to be stuck in processing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Good question. I was using shapeshift to get a small amount of Dash into a new ETC wallet.

Instead of sending the Dash to the shapeshift wallet, to do the exchange, i accidentally sent it to my ETC wallet directly.

Many thanks
Well, I would be glad to help but, again, I don't understand how you did this and where it stuck - you simply can't enter ETC address in Dash-Qt wallet, it won't accept it.
Got a screenshot or smth?

Many thanks

talk to Shapeshift

Well, I would be glad to help but, again, I don't understand how you did this and where it stuck - you simply can't enter ETC address in Dash-Qt wallet, it won't accept it.
Got a screenshot or smth?

Yes here is a screen grab, as you can see it's not a Dash wallet address but still let me proceed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 15.14.43.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 15.14.43.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 95
Yes here is a screen grab, as you can see it's not a Dash wallet address but still let me proceed?
Well, that's NOT Dash-qt screen. I have no idea what it is actually - some service that still thinks that Dash is Darkcoin? Are you using a web wallet or smth?

PS. moving this thread to appropriate subforum

Gosh I hope this has been resolved favorably !

...I have been known to make errors, from time to time.
rc

Back