• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Response to dash marketing goes here

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
If core is investing lots of effort to make dash great, then why should i downplay that excitement to the world at large? I'm invested in dash, others would also benefit by investing in dash. And the same is true for other cryptos that are bringing their own unique flavour to the market. Should I tell people not to invest in lisk or nem, even though they bring something fresh and exciting to the market?

This is a maturing market. All these ideas are still being thrashed out. There will be a convergence of ideas and all the useful ones with their own unique twist on things will rise to the top. So at this stage, without Evolution in my hands, I find it really hard not to recommend dash as an investment.

Can I sell InstantSend? Not really, because for most people, online payments without it are not a problem. Now, if InstantSend was the default position on ALL transactions, things might be different. The recent roadmap talks about an improved PrivateSend (great!) but there is zero mention of improving InstantSend.

Can I sell PrivateSend? Not really, because the wallets I'm recommending to new users are mobile wallets. They are the easiest and most accessible. There are no mobile wallets with PrivateSend.

Can I sell dash for remittance? - I wish! But alas, I'm still hopelessly waiting for Coins.ph and others to support dash... but I do keep trying.

I can't even get my VPS hosts to take dash...uphill struggle!

So, given I have no Evolution to sell right now. And given I can't sell InstantSend, PrivateSend or remittance in any meaningful way, what can I sell?

Dash is an investment because of future plans...

Discuss.

If you personally recommend dash as an investment then I don't see any issues with that. But we should not have official marketing material that pushes Dash as an Investment.

You can sell InstanSend if you target people already in Crypto which you can do with a real Marketing Campaign. Even if you personally can't do that.

Yea selling privateSend is kinda hard we really need the copay wallet on all platforms with all features for that.

You can sell bitcart.io if you're in the US but yea other then that there aren't actually that many high profile businesses that you can push. Hopefully, that will improve soon.

So yeah at the moment it is tough and maybe it is best if we wait until we have the copay wallet and more businesses (I'd really like some info from the Business Development Team about that).

I'm all for more businesses adopting Dash for direct payments, but that's a long term goal.

In the short and medium term, I'm hoping that Dash backed debit cards like Payza (Charlie Shrem) and TenX make merchant adoption moot. They both feature low fees and merchants won't know the difference. Boom, 8 gajillion merchants "accept" Dash.

Just...neither is available yet in the US.

Steady as she goes, all in good time.

It's worthwhile to say this out loud, our "regular send" is still far faster than Bitcoin, so there's that.

The whole cryptosphere is a speculation as opposed to an investment at the moment, in my opinion.
An investment to me is like buying blue chip stocks.
Bitcoin is more of a bipolar asset than currency.
I think DASH has a good chance to actually have a real killer app.
Today was a good day to get in at a discount but there will probably be more opportunities until the market gets clarity on Segwit2x.

Back