• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recovered Old Darkcoin Private Key

DevinTheDude

I have recovered what is possibly an old dark coin private key for what I am hoping is an old dark wallet I locked up 100 coins in. How can I go about attempting to test this private key out and unlock the dark? I am currently just installing the dash core client and going to attempt to import the private key there, but I am not sure if it will work since this was dark coins at the time, not dash.

Edit: Upon attempting the importprivkey command with a synced dash core client, I am getting an error parsing JSON. My key seems to have a space in it, with everything after the space being echod to me in the error message.

Last edited:
So a dark coin priv key should be able to be imported into dash wallets?

Edit: I have found the segment of this text file I had titled dark coin private key that worked with that paper wallet generator. It spit out Xn9CAQz9WR5jA1Qq9JXeZn8JhnYjA4FV4G as the address, however when I look it up on a block explorer, nothing is found. I also imported the private key to the dash core app , but so far no 100 DASH has popped up ;(

There is a very good chance this was an empty wallet backup , but I still dont see how I could have a working entry for the private key that generated an address, but it cant be found on the block explorer.

Last edited:
So a dark coin priv key should be able to be imported into dash wallets?

Edit: I have found the segment of this text file I had titled dark coin private key that worked with that paper wallet generator. It spit out Xn9CAQz9WR5jA1Qq9JXeZn8JhnYjA4FV4G as the address, however when I look it up on a block explorer, nothing is found. I also imported the private key to the dash core app , but so far no 100 DASH has popped up ;(

There is a very good chance this was an empty wallet backup , but I still dont see how I could have a working entry for the private key that generated an address, but it cant be found on the block explorer.
You can have a lot of privkey/address pairs but addresses will only appear on the blockchain after you send some coins to them.

Back