• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Receiving Darkcoin bought in 2014

popo

Hi,

I bought Darkcoin (using Bitcoin on Coinbase) back in May 2014 and never touched it. I didn't have a wallet and can't figure out how to receive them. I have the record of the transaction of course but don't know what to do to receive the coins. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I bought Darkcoin (using Bitcoin on Coinbase) back in May 2014 and never touched it. I didn't have a wallet and can't figure out how to receive them. I have the record of the transaction of course but don't know what to do to receive the coins. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi popo,

Did you store the darkcoin locally? If so, search your machine for the DarkCoin folder and look for a file labelled wallet.dat. This file will allow you to access your coins again.

How did you buy darkcoin? You might have sent the bitcoins from coinbase, but coinbase never had darkcoin. If you bought them on an exchange, did you ever withdraw the coins or are they still sitting in the exchange?

How did you buy darkcoin? You might have sent the bitcoins from coinbase, but coinbase never had darkcoin. If you bought them on an exchange, did you ever withdraw the coins or are they still sitting in the exchange?
Yes, that's the issue. I never had a wallet on my local machine. I can't tell what exchange I bought them on but according to my history from that day on Google I believe it was darkcoin.io. I can't figure out where else I can look for them. How else could I identify the exchange that I bought them on? Thanks for the help on this.

darkcoin.io was the official webpage before rebranding
we never sold coins directly from webpage !

I suspect scam here. How can one exchange fiat or BTC for darkcoin wthout knowing where they are.... that's just stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I have the record of the BTC being sent, is it possible to figure out on what exchange the Darkcoin were purchased? I know that I transferred BTC and then used the BTC to buy Darkcoin. Trying to retrace the steps so I have a chance of locating the Darkcoin. Thanks.

If I have the record of the BTC being sent, is it possible to figure out on what exchange the Darkcoin were purchased? I know that I transferred BTC and then used the BTC to buy Darkcoin. Trying to retrace the steps so I have a chance of locating the Darkcoin. Thanks.

no idea
doubt it

How do you have a record of the transaction without knowing what exchange/site it was with?

Back