• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Quorum Based Masternode Payment System - scenarios

oaxaca

Foundation Member
OK,

Let's assume that the system consists of 20 masternodes.

Is the node chosen for payment amongst these the "node with longest time since last payment"?

Yea or Nay?
----------------------------
If one of these nodes drops out of the system for a few cycles and reappears, would it get selected quickly based on a "long time since last payment"?

Yea or Nay?
----------------------------------
If Nay would the node have to wait in line behind the other 19?

If Yea, and it bumps up to the head of the line we might have a problem:

If I (as a cheater) have 100 VPS instances ready for collateral funding could I continually move my 1000 DASH around as soon as they are paid? Could I get 100 payments for every 119 blocks with only my 1000 DASH?

Not yet however I'm pretty sure the code uses the block where 1000 was deposited into the wallet so if you take it out and re-add it will use the newest date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet however I'm pretty sure the code uses the block where 1000 was deposited into the wallet so if you take it out and re-add it will use the newest date.

EDIT
--------------
It looks like the code uses the BlockHeight.

LogPrintf("Winner payee %s nHeight %d vin source %s. \n", address2.ToString().c_str(), newWinner.nBlockHeight, address4.ToString().c_str());

but there has to be more to it than that, because the oldest "block" would always be selected instead of the node that hasn't been paid in the longest time...

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have a 1000 and it wouldn't change anything because the network uses 'longest wait time' e.g (block where 1000 was deposited to the address) - (Last time payed). Not the first block when 1000 was deposited or how long the masternode has been active. It is quite an ingenious solution in my opinion.

You could have a 1000 and it wouldn't change anything because the network uses 'longest wait time' e.g (block where 1000 was deposited to the address) - (Last time payed). Not the first block when 1000 was deposited or how long the masternode has been active. It is quite an ingenious solution in my opinion.

Yes, that would do it. Happy this potential cheat won't work.

Back