• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Published DASH Article

I think you found the perfect mix of transferring information without being TOO technical. Very good
icon_thumbsup.gif
:smile:

AjM All I know for sure is that DASH has serious potential, so that prediction may turn out to be a little on the conservative side :wink: We shall see.

AjM All I know for sure is that DASH has serious potential, so that prediction may turn out to be a little on the conservative side :wink: We shall see.
That is main reason why i have invested Dash.
Potential and tech, but also because dev(s) is known.

Thanks for the tweet TaoOfSatoshi.

Excellent first article, strong learning curve potential for new ideas, I think you have covered most of the fundamentals so far.

I would add that mining coins whether they are asic or X11 is subject to Moore's law, meaning that technology is going to double in speed ~18 months so owning a masternode insulates a masternoder 'pseudo-miner' from new hardware that is released unlike other mining approaches so the yield is more or less guaranteed (although not the price of course)

Furthermore, taking bitcoin as an example, there are 3600 bitcoins mined per day so around 1 millions dollars will potentially be dumped on the market every single day, now even in the one of strongest bull markets ever that is awful lot of money to offset (this I believe is why bitcoin will not go up in price very much in the forseeable future, I could be proved wrong, lol)

Now compare this to Dash lets say with ballpark figures, 5 Dash are mined every 2.5 minutes (not allowing for block reductions in the future on both coins)
So masternodes and voted projects =2.35 dash per block, and 1353 dash per day
and to the mining = 2.65 dash per block, and 1526 dash per day
Total = 2879

So the totals are fairly close, but the point being that the coins are going to be distributed and used in a different way, masternoders are going to tend to hold onto coins more often so many may not reach the market. Also the miners are small scale due to none asic, again bit players will probably have a different mentality to some giant state funded bitcoin warehouse in China dumping immediately.
And around 10% Dash will be paid to programmers for doing real work, so there is actual man hour work coming out of proof of work (ironic eh)

now the real kicker is:-
1) that none of the bitcoins ever go back to supporting the coin or the network(hence causing a price negative feedback development loop, Dash is a price positive feedback development loop- eg there is much incentive for coders to produce a good product, increasing value further)

2) a bitcoin produces NO yield type income ,so for big miners, it will be dumped asap-hence keeping the price down (indefinitely?)
but Dash is the opposite, as it is a type of proof of stake and can give extra value hence hoarding will be worthwhile (as a potential investment certainly)

Edit: I meant to say, put a dash tipping address somewhere, I will send ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back