• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Core Team Compensation (November)

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
This proposal is cross-posted at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/core-comp-201711

This proposal funds the Dash Core Group's ongoing compensation costs - including all developers, administrative, and support staff - at market rates for base pay, excluding benefits or bonuses.

After five months without a budget request for the Dash Core Group compensation, we have sufficiently drawn down our reserves and require further funding for the core team. The team has expanded to 50 paid team members, and we have plans to further expand this to 56 over the coming two months. The current run-rate, including the anticipated cost of the additional 6 roles is ~$298,280 monthly. This is an average of ~$5,300 / month / contributor.

The breakdown is as follows:
- Marketing / International Outreach - 8 staff
- Development - 23 staff
- Project Management - 4 staff
- Infrastructure - 1 staff - plans to expand to 3
- Support - 2 staff
- Quality Assurance - 1 staff - plans to expand to 3
- Leadership & Admin - 11 staff - plans to expand to 13

If you have any questions, please direct them to @Ryan Taylor in this Dash Forum post to ensure I see your request. I may be slow to reply until Thursday due to our participation at Money20/20 this week, but will do my best to monitor for any questions.

Requested funding is as follows for the November 3rd budget cycle:
  • 1,125.16 for core team compensation ($298,280 USD @ $265.10 per Dash)
  • 5.00 Dash proposal reimbursement
Total: 1,130.16 Dash

Note: Should any funding remain, we will apply it toward future compensation expenses.

Manually vote YES on this proposal:
dash-cli gobject vote-many 42ac58ae177910562a0e0640e73d73471cf631d554401174ffb74045a6ac69a6 funding yes
OR from the qt console:
gobject vote-many 42ac58ae177910562a0e0640e73d73471cf631d554401174ffb74045a6ac69a6 funding yes

Manually vote NO on this proposal:
dash-cli gobject vote-many 42ac58ae177910562a0e0640e73d73471cf631d554401174ffb74045a6ac69a6 funding no
OR from the qt console:
gobject vote-many 42ac58ae177910562a0e0640e73d73471cf631d554401174ffb74045a6ac69a6 funding no

You know that asking a proposal costs too much when even the CEO requests back the 5 Dash for asking the proposal. I am tempted to vote no just to make him pay the 5 dash, and realise the cost to make a proposal must go down :-D

Ryan, have we managed to get benefits for our team members yet? If not yet, what is holding us back? Will we be informed about it when we manage to achieve that?

I just want the team to be focused entirely on Dash without having any headaches of taking care of healthcare and all that by their own.

@Ryan Taylor
Development - 23 staff

What split are these dev's full time / part time & Dash Core vs Evolution?

Do you feel we have enough dev's at this point in time to be efficient?

Seems like from recent reports many of the dev's including Evo devs are being pulled away to other projects or integrations.

Can we not hire more dev's to take on the other integration tasks to let the Evo & Core devs focus and keep momentum?

Thanks.

You know that asking a proposal costs too much when even the CEO requests back the 5 Dash for asking the proposal. I am tempted to vote no just to make him pay the 5 dash, and realise the cost to make a proposal must go down :-D

Asking for the proposal fee reimbursement is standard practice. Proposals that are funded should not have the owner eat the cost, but proposals that are not funded should leave the owner with the bill. This is working as designed as a spam deterrent.

Is this possible for more detail about roles of leadership and admin staffs?

Why don’t we have anyone for business development?

@Ryan Taylor

Thank you,

Ryan could you share details about where people are working (on thr planet)? And the state of moral?

My knee jerk response was that comp seemed too low. I'm worried about attrition, code theft, and/or "Ex-Dash Core DEV launches ICO" headlines.

If we are mixing eastern europe devs with western devs would tell a different story.

Any dev that knows the difference between a blockchain and a database has many lucrative opportunities right now. For instance, Jaxx.io is about to hire 100 people!

That said, progress updates from devs could be better too.

Back