• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Barcelona Meetup

fernando

Powered by Dash
Foundation Member
I have been invited to talk about Dash governance at the Barcelona Bitcoin Community Meetup on November 25.

The event link is not up yet because there are still a couple things to confirm, but the session will be called Introductory workshop: Backed Blockchain Governance Systems (DAOs et al.).

There will be a small number of presentations and I'm confident that the Dash model will blow away all attendants. Besides me, Manfred Karrer of Bitsquare has already confirmed and there are a couple more people trying to go. This can be a great opportunity to show people that we are probably the first real functioning DAO in crypto. And with my travel expenses (hopefully) paid by this proposal, I'll be walking proof of our success.

I will distribute some flyers that I did for another presentation, so no additional cost. I will also try to get it recorded, but I'll need everyone's permit, no guarantees there (being all presentations related, probably it wouldn't make much sense to just record mine).

As soon as everything is finalized they will post details here:
https://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-barcelona/

I made an introductory presentation to Dash in May 2015 at this same meetup and it was great. The crowd was around 30-40 people and quite knowledgeable. Besides that time, I have attended the Barcelona meetup a couple more times that I was in town. Aleix, who is well known in the Dash community, is one of the organizers and they always prepare great events. They don't do many, but when they do they are really good.

The proposal is to cover my travel expenses:
  • Train from Madrid, one hotel night and ground transportation: 42 DASH
  • Reimbursement of proposal cost: 5 DASH
Cross post from Dash Central:
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/barcelona-meetup
Vote YES from wallet:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 4494713788bcc0b1b6847fbb991f93067b6de4f20632769d8d7c4523b63dd529 yes

Vote NO from wallet:
Go find it yourself, I won't help you do that :)

Back