• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Problem with my Dash Wallet

amr257

Hello everyone, i am here because i have a problem with the importation of my wallet....
so what i did i install dash-qt i wait for synchronization with the blockchain after that i went to console and write importprivkey +my private key but unfortunetly nothing happen :-( i tried maybe 50 times :-( ...
someona can help me please ? I am affraid about my dash coin i don't have any wallet.dat i have only my public and private key..

Thank you soo much

Code:
help importprivkey

importprivkey "dashprivkey" ( "label" rescan )

Adds a private key (as returned by dumpprivkey) to your wallet.

Arguments:
1. "dashprivkey"   (string, required) The private key (see dumpprivkey)
2. "label"            (string, optional, default="") An optional label
3. rescan               (boolean, optional, default=true) Rescan the wallet for transactions

Note: This call can take minutes to complete if rescan is true.

Examples:

Dump a private key
> dumpprivkey "myaddress"

Import the private key with rescan
> importprivkey "mykey"

Import using a label and without rescan
> importprivkey "mykey" "testing" false

As a JSON-RPC call
> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "importprivkey", "params": ["mykey", "testing", false] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:9998/
try this.
Import using a label and without rescan.
Code:
Import using a label and without rescan
> importprivkey "mykey" "testing" false

then use Tools --> Wallet Repair --> Rescan blockchain files.
And check Transactions tab.

If no transaction appears on the tab, maybe you have wrong private key.
If you have a Dash address(public) check the address using block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/ ,
make sure the address has some balance(tx).

Last edited:
Hello sir thank you soo much with your last sentence:
"then use Tools --> Wallet Repair --> Rescan blockchain files."
it works :) i am happy could you a little bit tell me with i have to rescan please ? and why when i wrote importprivkey + my privatekey it answers me a empty message without something like rescaning or something like that ?

here:

dash1.png

Back