• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Preparing for the hard fork for beginners

Turtle

This the beginner forum and I have a beginner's question: What exactly do I need to do to prepare for the hard fork?
I was using an older an version of the wallet, but I have already downloaded the new 0.9.4.6 version and started it up. What else do I need to do?
I noticed that all my settings had been saved from the old version so that means that there are still files installed with the old version on my laptop.
So do I need to find, delete, or replace any files. Or am I done?
Thanks.
I have one other question: Is there any way to put darkcoins into cold storage (like with bitcoins) with simply an address and a private key?

Thanks vertoe. I can make an address and private key with that webpage, but how can I import the address later if I want to spend the coins?

go to HELP > DEBUG > CONSOLE
and enter:
Code:
importprivkey <yourprivatekey>

to import the private key from the paper wallet. make sure you dont lose the private key.

I went offline and loaded up Ubuntu Live and tried the paper wallet creator. Am I doing something wrong? Because I read everything, followed the instructions precisely, but when I click the random generate keys button, it does nothing. Just a blank paper prints with no keys on it. I tried this several times, and I cannot get it to generate keys.

Back