• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal staking system (Dash Boost 2.0)

What if we had a system that would allow the DASH community members to stake proposals that they like?

So that anyone could put up a pre-proposal free of cost and then the community members could decide if they wanted to stake one of these proposals to bring it into the voting cycle.

These which would then stake a proposal would get their staking + 50% returned if the proposal gets funded successfully.

The 50% ROI would make up for the risk they are taking + the work of investigation and promotion of that proposal.

That would mean that engaged community members could have a higher influence on which proposals actually get put up and voted on and they could even earn some revenue by that.

Anyway if someone wanted to go the classical way of self-funding a proposal that would still be possible.

This whole system could be even implemented within the Dash Forum without any development efforts.

Anyone could simply open a thread and ask for funding while offering a 50% ROI on the stake, then in case the proposal gets staked they would simply demand 7.5 DASH instead of the classical 5 DASH for putting up the proposal.

What do you think? Would that be an alternative to DashBoost which has been inactive for such a long time?

As far as I remember, this has already been proposed here is this forum, a few years ago.
But I am not aware whether this has been adopted in practice and if yes whether it finnaly worked.

Also how to you plan to pay back the ROI in a credible way?
You could do that by signing a smart contract.
But Dash cryptocurrency does not support smart contracts.

I dont think that we need an automated system right away, if the community wants to implement this process, first it can be done manually. I see no risk in the pay back process, as any PO who would not pay back the MNOs would immediately burn his reputation... Its a calculated risk that can be taken, its actually much less of a risk that the DAO takes by funding the proposal in itself as that is a much higher amount.

Back