• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal Question - Lobbying Congress?

-crypto

Masternode Owner/Operator
This is my first post. It's not really a proposal, but a question. I'm a Masternode owner operator. I've seen tons of proposals for advertising, but nothing for lobbying Congress to protect Dash from current and future proposals involving cryptocurrencies. Like this "Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Counterfeiting Act". I could be totally wrong, maybe this has already been discussed, but if it hasn't, it seems like something we should consider. Actively lobbying Congress with the funding from a self-sustaining decentralized governance seems like a wise investment that would also be pretty newsworthy to the mainstream cable outlets. Thoughts?

I presume you are talking about the US Congress? You do know Dash is a global entity...
Putting your "America is the world" view to one side, yes I think opening a dialogue with as many world governments as possible would be beneficial.

I presume you are talking about the US Congress? You do know Dash is a global entity...
Putting your "America is the world" view to one side, yes I think opening a dialogue with as many world governments as possible would be beneficial.

My apologies. I wasn't trying to be exclusive to the US. I happen to be an American and was simply referring to the specific bill that was put forward in my country that targets digital currency. I couldn't include that link to the bill because apparently, I need 3 posts to do so. Setting that aside, I do however see a crackdown on the horizon in the guise of anti-terrorism. This will not be limited to the US. Perhaps the answer is a multinational representation that would present and prioritize global challenges, then suggest initiatives where we could best make a difference by lobbying to bring progressive legislation globally.

I would argue this, if you look at a lot of regulation a lot of countries copy and paste from America's rulebook. FCC is a perfect example of this. Most countries in the world have similar rules for frequencies and few of the same organizations using them. So i would say America is the front lines however it's not the only battleground. It may be an expensive battle in America but it's a very important one for now.

I think funding lobbyists and lawyers is good for dash awareness and the ecosystem. Other countries would see the capital expenditure and/or difficulty and know that we could bring the fight there as well so they might not try the same laws.

Sorry, that probably came across a little confrontational. It was intended as a light hearted "troll" but tone of voice doesn't work too well on a chat forum.

Moving on. We should be spending some of the spare budget on this. Presenting the benefits of Dash to the everyday citizen and trying to alleviate fear about it.
I am concerned that as Dash and other cryptos can very easily undermine the current, and in my opinion broken, financial systems. These institutions could force the hand of Congress to protect their ill-gotten gains. Our relatively small budget might just be wasted going directly against the giants of the current financial world.

Sorry, that probably came across a little confrontational. It was intended as a light hearted "troll" but tone of voice doesn't work too well on a chat forum.

Moving on. We should be spending some of the spare budget on this. Presenting the benefits of Dash to the everyday citizen and trying to alleviate fear about it.
I am concerned that as Dash and other cryptos can very easily undermine the current, and in my opinion broken, financial systems. These institutions could force the hand of Congress to protect their ill-gotten gains. Our relatively small budget might just be wasted going directly against the giants of the current financial world.

I like the recent CMO proposal. I think it will help organize and guide complicated ideas like this one.

IMO...

Considering the mission statement of DASH is to provide service to as many people possible who are in need of quick and cost efficient value transfer, any promotion to spread public awareness is valuable.

It would be a great idea to have both email and snail mail information on all current members of every legislative body possible.

A simple, single page presentation could be created by an informal focus group.
From that point, perhaps a budget proposal could be presented to hire persons to implement the task.

Unsolicited mailings are the most cost effective method of advertising, though it must be suitably focused, repetitive, and be done over various media types.
( Similar to telephone bank solicitors, there is an entire industry with specific patterns that are known to be effective. )
A professional should be consulted initially, for guidance, because something as simple as print style, color, or a fold may increase cost significantly.

I did advise a person today that I would be glad to pay him for services with DASH.
Every little DASH helps !
rc

Back