PRE-PROPOSAL: New (& Improved?) Look for DASH Detailed

Leonidas

Oct 22, 2016
I do agree with the previous comments before, music too loud, price ok but why changing the looks ? The simplier the better. Clarity is the key. And your show does already look very professional, no need to improve it (at least so far - maybe that would be something to wonder if you statistics are down, but I guess they are not, am I right ?).

Would also vote no for the new looks (and sorry for that, I guess you guys have been working a lot to make that pilot and the many negative comment must be frustrating, at least we can see that you guys are always wondering about how to improve your show, thumbs up for that !)

Voluntary

May 14, 2016
Dash Address
XivwUmSu5davqhqc3BX1j4w6dskzNFihQQ
Amanda, I hope this doesn't seem too off topic but if you're looking for inspiration in how Dash : Detailed is presented, check out how this channel does its content -

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
If I were producing it, I would lose the desk completely. Go with various seating shots; full body, close-ups etc.. Sex it up, easy on the eye, RT style (Boom Bust etc).

MizzyMax

Feb 14, 2017
I personally liked your laid back non shalant look back when you wore head bands and such looking like the crypto Pocahontas.

But I do see you are looking for possible things to add and make yourself more interesting and I like the effort, but in the wrong category. Try to add in the pops and sizzles (sound effects, or short animations like an explosion for example ) to make yourself more appealing to the viewer. It adds in comedy and keeps the viewer interested rather then just dry info

You can also make giveaways and create competitions if you are feeling extra. There is only so much to talk about in a way and I could understand your struggle, I would like to hear your thoughts that you post on DashForce sometimes I find them very interesting. The sky is the limit, you are your own boss. You can take on as much as you'd like to. I believe in you!

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
I personally liked your laid back non shalant look back when you wore head bands and such looking like the crypto Pocahontas.

But I do see you are looking for possible things to add and make yourself more interesting and I like the effort, but in the wrong category. Try to add in the pops and sizzles (sound effects, or short animations like an explosion for example ) to make yourself more appealing to the viewer. It adds in comedy and keeps the viewer interested rather then just dry info

You can also make giveaways and create competitions if you are feeling extra. There is only so much to talk about in a way and I could understand your struggle, I would like to hear your thoughts that you post on DashForce sometimes I find them very interesting. The sky is the limit, you are your own boss. You can take on as much as you'd like to. I believe in you!
mm yes, I too would like to see regular competitions in DD

Reactions: MizzyMax

amanda_b_johnson

Dec 22, 2015

7dhdaQhZ

Mar 6, 2016
Thinking about it. Instead of the green screen and desk thing, why not do a "Dash World Tour" checking out the various previous proposals etc, and the usual news features from great locations prominent in the background- Paris, Eiffel tour, Sydney Opera House, SF Golden Gate Bridge, Big Ben, London and other amazing places etc?

Today's video was awesome by the way, even a simple wall is better than a green screen fake studio. Please keep up the excellent work!

JZA

Jan 4, 2016
Cancun
alexandro.biz
Dash Address
XmZ3aBBWJdYa6hUJkWbTvwHMwMscmHQFNH
I like how amanda looks right now, the 'fake studio' looks generic rather than authentic. A good studio however might be a REAL one. Like the one of TWIT. With real nice lights and great interior design.

What are the chances of getting some nice lights, chairs, cameras, and mics on a private studio?

Reactions: Vedran Yoweri

James212

Apr 9, 2017
I really don't care for the bogus corporate news media green screen effects. It's not authentic.

One of Amanda's strengths is that she personally comes across as authentic. I think the "set" should also be authentic to bolster that strength.
+ I Agree completely with your comments. The "set look" comes across as contrived and not genuine. It takes away from the believability of the information being provided. I much prefer the old look over this new one.

ampp

Feb 12, 2017
USA
I like how amanda looks right now, the 'fake studio' looks generic rather than authentic. A good studio however might be a REAL one. Like the one of TWIT. With real nice lights and great interior design.
What are the chances of getting some nice lights, chairs, cameras, and mics on a private studio?
I know some things have gone down in price even more, but the twit studio was 100's of thousands. Even with the multiple cameras and live stream systems in one room it's probably hard to get away for less than 30k. And it's hard to pull off in a in home studio unless you have a large unfinished area.

Apr 23, 2017
I really don't care for the bogus corporate news media green screen effects. It's not authentic.
One of Amanda's strengths is that she personally comes across as authentic. I think the "set" should also be authentic to bolster that strength.
I second that and I would like to add, I actually think its a step backwards (do I see that lot's of hard ward wen't into it)

What I would not mind investing a bit into a decent studio, with nice background, or with a big monitor behind it, or invest in nice studio desk or something.
Instead computerized images
A couple of (expense) example's would be:
- Max Keiser's
- TheAnarchast
- maybe go a bit geeky, make a setup with lots of monitor's, like one of dash core team guy had behind him which you also interviewed ( i forgot his name do)

Or if this is to expensive just keep it simple, I don't feel like there is a need to try and tweek and update every show every week.
Also keep in mind we are aiming for mainstream adoption so, a more generic less geeky approach is most likely the best way to reach out to wider audience.

Dandy

Mar 1, 2017
Belgrade, Serbia
I think something like Philip Defranco style ( https://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil ) would work fine.
It's just him in the frame, properly lit, with a real background (no green screen) which is unobtrusive and pleasant to the eye.
I don't think we need a set that's in the style of big news channels. Less and less people watch those anyway.
The content is the thing that matters.

dmitriybtc

Mar 11, 2017
One thing is what we love about you the most is your awesome personality, genuineness and the way you deliver the content (in simple, fun, yet really effective style for people to understand).

I personally don't watch TV, especially news. That's why this type of video is not appealing for me personally. I may be wrong. The old format was really awesome, or the one that was mentioned with Philip Defranco can work as well.

In any case, amanda_b_johnson, you've made some much for Dash network, it's impossible to compare with anything. You brought a lot of awareness to our industry, new users, new investors, new like-minded individuals that will move forward digital cash to the masses. I'm just grateful.

Bradleygt

May 13, 2017
I thought it looked pretty slick, but I also didn't like the remote, and found the music a bit loud and fast too. Plus I found the set to be too extravagant, busy. Too much going on and it took attention away from the shows greatest asset, Amanda B. Johnson. (Side note, love the "B" Johnson) Ya! Good stuff! (insert heart emoji and love sick emoji face here).

My biggest problem, though, was seeing you cramped by that desk! I love all your facial expressions and hand gestures and the desk took away from that big time! Also, being the hottie that you are, I enjoy seeing you in various outfits, different hair styling, etc. It would be much more appealing to have a simple set, opened up, perhaps similar to a living room type set up, and be able to see you head to toe, as well as closer to camera. Skirts, sundresses, these boots, those boots, different hair, different make up, jewelry...you get the picture.

Do that and I, and tons of other guys, will be very much looking forward to each and every episode.