• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Marketing - Dash promotion project

Would you try to play this board game with friends or family?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flex

Hello,

We are Bostjan and Robert, brothers, best friends, and coworkers from Slovenia. We work as creative designers, and in our free time, we are on a bike as much the time allows us.

In 2018, as an aspirant, we wanted to bring cryptocurrencies and their advantages closer to people in a simple way. We made a board game that illustrates trading, mining, and crypto payment system effortlessly. We launched the game via the Kickstarter platform at the end of 2018, where we wanted to raise enough money to start production. Unfortunately, due to lack of time because of our jobs and lack of finances, the game's development took too long. In 2018 the market was saturated with the mass launch of ICOs and a drop in confidence in cryptocurrencies.
Furthermore, we could not advertise the game because of the decision to block all our ads made by all big players who offer advertising due to regulations intended to prevent fraud. Yes, they threw us in the same basket as all the ICOs. That's probably why fundraising on Kickstarter failed because we could not inform virtually anyone about the project at that time. However, today we cannot start production and make plastic injection molds for making figures, coins, printing, distribution, etc., so the project is at the same point since then.

But two years later, that is today :) We came across a dash budget system, which once again gave us a dash of hope that the project might just come to life and get into the hands of children and, of course, their parents and grandparents. The game was, of course, developed with a central bitcoin icon during development. However, when we discovered the dash budged system, we thought we could transform the game and become a representative of the dash system and its family.

The game is practically a modern monopoly on steroids, simple, understandable, and fun. Almost anyone can play it. Besides, we need to be aware of the fact that times change, and standard paper money is not the only currency we should display in board games. Dash might be able to get closer to all generations through entertainment and, consequently, achieve greater brand recognition and build on popularity. Who doesn't play board games? The market share of board games is enormous.

We are also considering and researching additional adjustments for more financially advantageous production in the first phase, helping facilitate the game's launch. Also, other game adjustments can more clearly match the concept of the DASH system throughout the game. In Slovenia, we would need around € 50,000 to make a mold for making figures. Still, we don't have that money, and we have already invested almost as much in producing prototypes and advertising material during 2018. According to our calculations, we would need about € 140,000 of investment to start production, distribution, sales, and everything else required to start making a way to the market. A more considerable amount of the funds would go to the development and production of the first series of the game, and the rest would go directly to advertising. In return, Cryptomania will present the official currency DASH in the game. With that concept, DASH could also be much more recognizable, familiar, and friendly, represented to a broader audience. Together we can make a huge step forward through a simple board game and create great awareness in a few years.

You can also take a look at our videos, one is a classic commercial, and one is the story of how Sky - the main character in the game, found himself in a mysterious crypto world that he didn't understand.

Please provide feedback on whether you consider the project suitable for submitting on the dash central proposal system. That could be one of those moments in humanity, where your decisions may be the ones that have the power to lead to a story that will echo for years to come.

We are also looking for strategic partners and investors who would be willing to participate in the company. In case you believe in us and our project, it would be a significant help for us if you could give us any starting points before posting anything on the dash budget system.

Additional external links:
Official website

Game presentation commercial

Short 3d teaser

Kickstarter project

Media posts

The company Wololo Inc. in the US no longer operates because its purpose was to participate in the Kickstarter platform. At that time, Slovenia was not one of the eligible countries to participate, so after release on Kickstarter and bitter failure, we had to reduce our expenses drastically. The location of the company that holds the registered IP is in Slovenia.

We are grateful for your time to read our story and proposition idea.
Join the revolution!

Best regards,
Bostjan and Robert

I realize this is probably out of date, still wanted to reply because I find the idea interesting, and also to give others reading this some guidance in preparing good proposals. I do think that it's basically a great idea and I'd play the game with my family. But why so little interest here? The problems I see with this:
  • You seem to have no background in designing board games. It looks intriguing from the video, but how can you be sure that this will indeed be a fun game with high playability? Not too easy, not too hard, not too repetitive? Something people want to play again and again?

• You seem to have no background in physical goods. Sourcing, manufacturing, packaging, distribution - where are you with these things? Plans, partnerships, previous projects?

• Any market studies? What scale are you hoping to reach? You're talking about the money you need, but not what you're planning to achieve in the market with it.

• You have no history with the Dash community. You struggled to get your post count up as a complete newbie here in the forum so you can post your links. You're not active on our Discord servers or in our Telegram group. No one has ever heard of you before. If you're serious about getting funded by Dash, engage with the community! Don't make a request for 140k Euros your entry into Dash and leave it at that.

• Spend some more time researching what options there are, their history and how they work. Again, engaging the community will help you.
    • The voters of the treasury are usually reluctant to fund commercial startups. The treasury is grant-based, once the money is paid out, it's gone without any further conditions. Too often in the past did Dash fund projects with big promises, who took the money and never delivered. Or they became successful and immediately forgot about Dash. The treasury has no way to benefit from the commercial success of such startups it helped launch, nor any leverage to enforce Dash-friendly operations once they're up and running.
    • You will learn that the treasury system is not the only way to get funding from Dash and how other options might be better suited to your case.
    • You will learn what a typical proposal size is (hint: not €140k in one swoop), how it can be spread out over time and tied to milestones. How voting works and how to find and get feedback from those voters you need.
  • You may wanna address your disastrous Kickstarter campaign. €3k raised out of over €100k needed, just about 3% of your target. You mentioned being banned by ad networks as the reason. I don't buy that this is all there is. There were plenty of ways to promote a board game even during the ICO days of 2018. Hell, even friends and family of your six team members should have added up to more than those €3k. What other factors may have contributed to such a bad result? Did you collect any feedback?
If you're still interested, I encourage you to think about the points above and engage more with us.

Last edited:
I realize this is probably out of date, still wanted to reply because I find the idea interesting, and also to give others reading this some guidance in preparing good proposals. I do think that it's basically a great idea and I'd play the game with my family. But why so little interest here? The problems I see with this:
  • You seem to have no background in designing board games. It looks intriguing from the video, but how can you be sure that this will indeed be a fun game with high playability? Not too easy, not too hard, not too repetitive? Something people want to play again and again?

• You seem to have no background in physical goods. Sourcing, manufacturing, packaging, distribution - where are you with these things? Plans, partnerships, previous projects?

• Any market studies? What scale are you hoping to reach? You're talking about the money you need, but not what you're planning to achieve in the market with it.

• You have no history with the Dash community. You struggled to get your post count up as a complete newbie here in the forum so you can post your links. You're not active on our Discord servers or in our Telegram group. No one has ever heard of you before. If you're serious about getting funded by Dash, engage with the community! Don't make a request for 140k Euros your entry into Dash and leave it at that.

• Spend some more time researching what options there are, their history and how they work. Again, engaging the community will help you.
    • The voters of the treasury are usually reluctant to fund commercial startups. The treasury is grant-based, once the money is paid out, it's gone without any further conditions. Too often in the past did Dash fund projects with big promises, who took the money and never delivered. Or they became successful and immediately forgot about Dash. The treasury has no way to benefit from the commercial success of such startups it helped launch, nor any leverage to enforce Dash-friendly operations once they're up and running.
    • You will learn that the treasury system is not the only way to get funding from Dash and how other options might be better suited to your case.
    • You will learn what a typical proposal size is (hint: not €140k in one swoop), how it can be spread out over time and tied to milestones. How voting works and how to find and get feedback from those voters you need.
  • You may wanna address your disastrous Kickstarter campaign. €3k raised out of over €100k needed, just about 3% of your target. You mentioned being banned by ad networks as the reason. I don't buy that this is all there is. There were plenty of ways to promote a board game even during the ICO days of 2018. Hell, even friends and family of your six team members should have added up to more than those €3k. What other factors may have contributed to such a bad result? Did you collect any feedback?
If you're still interested, I encourage you to think about the points above and engage more with us.

Unfortunately, we don't get many pre-proposals posted on the Forum any more, so engagement has been very low, thanks for providing some feedback to the OP, even if they have moved on, maybe somebody else will see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back