• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Growing the Dash Community

Evolv3

Hi Everyone!

So I am looking for feedback on our pre-proposal ideas, as we want to gauge how interested the community would be in our services & idea before we detail it out in great detail.

Thanks!

Please review pre-proposal below and leave feedback it is greatly appreciated!
http://www.seosole.com/dash-pre-proposal/

I suggest that you post the proposal text here, with a link to your website. Just providing link alone makes it look like you are just looking google-love, especially since this is your first post.

I also suggest you do more to get involved with the community before doing a proposal. Provide an SEO analysis of Dash keywords. Where do you think we need help?

I see that you're located in L.A. -- check out: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/los-angeles-dash-cryptocurrency-users.14831/

We get together for breakfast in Santa Monica every Tuesday.

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Evolve3

As you know Dash is growing every day.
To deal with the increased number of proposal, a Proposal Evaluation Committee (PEC) has been created. This work is being done by volunteers (mostly Master Node Owners themselves).
We would like to know if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit your Proposal?

If so, do you want the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) to assist you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

The Dash Network actually have had a Dash Project Proposal Template for a number of years and we try to get the pre-proposal owner to read and stick to it, as it includes every useful information for a MNO (Masternode Owner) to take an informed decision before voting on whether to pass your proposal or not.
If you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ

As you adjust your Pre-Proposal to our feedback, the evaluation is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 4 or more).
Each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

The evaluations also have another function:
To give the MNO’s and community a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save the MNO’s and everyone else time and increase the chance of your proposal gaining votes. It will also prevent your proposal from getting lost amongst the horde or prevent it from not being read, because it’s too long or non-conforming.
Whether you accept our help or not: we will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals near the end of the cycle to prepare the Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals.

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please Private Message @Biltong on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating that you want the help of the PEC, so we can assign a team to you.
2. Once you have read How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit our 1st Evaluation, so we’ll wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.
3. Again, PM @Biltong when you are ready for the 1st Evaluation.
4. Please note that we do not have that much time to give you feedback via the Evaluations. The final report has to be in 3 days before end of cycle and you have to have your last adjustments in 5 days before end of cycle : i.e.: Last Adjustments: 28 June.
5. We hope to receive at least 4 updates from you (if necessary) and provide you with the same number of Evaluation/Report feedbacks, but it does mean you and us will have to start asap.
6. To adjust your Pre-Proposal for the 1st evaluation will be a time consuming (+- 2 hours of work), but believe me it will be well worth your time if you are serious about getting your Proposal passed.

Good luck with your Proposal!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for sharing.

Now I had huge issues with my inital post, and being allowed to post my proposal. It wouldn't let me.

The post I did was the only thing it would allow me to do. Not sure how it really works, and couldn't get it to work with my proposal. I do agree that it sucks that I had to do it like that, and hate that I had to put it on the website, and would love to be able to get it off immediately!

I would love to come to the breakfast, and hopefully I will be able to get up that early one of these days, and I am going to definitively try! I was thinking about doing something like this myself before you mentioned it, and it is great to see it is already going. If you don't mind me asking, how many people usually come to this?

I am thinking that I can get the website I wanted to get going first then. If you are interested, I will need help with content, and am going to start looking for people to do it. Do you think anyone at the meets would be interested? Are you? That would be awesome if we could do something like that, as I can easily put together a site that we could create profiles, and post what we are doing mining wise. Then also have overall mining guide. Let me know what you think.

Biltong, that is very cool, and would love to hear more about it.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Thanks,
AD

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Evolv3,

Here is your first PEC Report.

Couple of notes:
• There is NO pass/failure mark. The percentage simply allows us to create a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. The idea being that a MNO with very little time can concentrate on Proposals at the bottom of the list only. MNO’s with more time will obviously look at all proposals as per normal.
• The evaluation also enables the Evaluators to look for scammers etc and red-flag a proposal that is a possible danger to Dash. They have more time and tools to look for the tell-tale signs.
• How did the Evaluators decide on marks: PEC Evaluator Guidelines https://goo.gl/Futw1d
• MNO’s have been very lenient in the past. So even if you have, what you might consider a low mark, you might still pass the Vote ;)
Most Important: The evaluation is to give you an idea of where you can improve your proposal to have a better chance of earning MNO votes.

When you improve your proposal, please colour all new material in red and don’t delete any word/sentence, but use strike through. This will make it easier for the evaluator to find changes, when she or he re-evaluates your improved proposal. The MNO’s will also so be interested to see what you changed to improve your proposal.

Since you were unlucky enough to submit your Pre-Proposal just as the PEC started, you had a handicap: You did not know the importance of the Dash Project Proposal Template https://goo.gl/m0jgfS . This Template was created some years ago by the MNO’s to get all the information that they need to make an informed decision. It is also the easiest way for you to earn extra marks. If your proposal did not cover a question in the Template – just put the Heading and answer in your detail doc. If your proposal does cover the question: Just put the Heading with the words: See original Proposal.
E.g.: Project Scope - Milestones and Schedule: See original Proposal.

We know this is a painful bureaucratic exercise, but once you’ve done your improvements for this 1st one, the next couple of improvements (maybe just one?) will be easy, and of course – you are bound to have more proposals in the future!

Good luck!
170625 Evolv3 Tallyho R1.jpg

Last edited:
Back