• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Discussion: d10e Conference Sponsorship

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
Thanks to connections made through the Vanbex Group, we have a unique opportunity to sponsor the d10e conference in San Fransisco July 19th-20th at the "Visionary" sponsorship level at a discount. This pre-proposal discussion is to help solicit feedback on the opportunity and communicate some of the options we have to participate in the event.

What is d10e?
d10e is an event (formerly known as Coin Congress) focused on the topics of decentralization of FinTech, disruptive technology and culture, the sharing economy, and the future of work. You can find out more at d10e.org

What is happening at the event?
The event consists of several elements. The first is a networking event the evening of the 19th. The next day consists of 12 presentations - each lasting 10 minutes plus 5 minutes audience Q&A - followed by panel discussions in the afternoon 30 minutes each with 10 minute audience Q&A. There is also a startup pitch competition.

Who is going to this thing?
Organizers expect about 450 in-person attendees at the conference. The conference will also be streamed live exclusively to an unknown number of participants via virtual reality recording and broadcast, making the conference a news-worthy event. In addition, the conference recordings will be made available online following the event for regular video.

Attendees will be varied, but expect to see CXO-level executives from a variety of bitcoin and blockchain companies, investment firms, startups, and incubators. You will also find a number of bitcoin luminaries, but I think it is too soon to announce anything that isn't yet on d10e's own website.

What would a Visionary sponsorship cost?
The visionary level sponsorship package lists for $5,000, but we would paying a reduced $3,500.

What is included in a Visionary sponsorship?
We would receive several benefits:
  1. On-site marketing opportunities including one of the presentations an exhibit area / table, and projection of the Dash logo at the Expo.
  2. A slot on one of the panels (potentially on the topic of DAOs)
  3. Pre-event marketing including Dash description on the website, featured announcement to participants, web links, etc.
  4. 10 all access passes - we could hold a lottery for unused tickets for community members in SF or willing to pay their own way.
What else is planned?
Since the soda machine was such a hit in Miami, a bunch of members of the community are planning to have the soda machine come out of retirement to make an appearance. We are working on door-to-door transport costs, hardware upgrades to the machine (it was embarrassingly slow to boot up in Miami), and incidentals like soda. Early estimates are about $1,200-1,300 for this element.

Will there be any other costs?
The only other costs will be transportation and lodging costs. Evan has committed to attend and will do at least one of the two speaking slots. We need to work out the speaker, booth representation, business development needs, etc. and tickets have not yet been purchased. Meals and entertainment will not be reimbursed. To the extent that we can keep costs to a minimum (e.g., by getting Bay-area volunteers) while having the right representation, we will certainly do that.

Would I be allowed to go?
Absolutely! We will DEFINITELY have a bunch of unused tickets. If you live in San Fran or would be willing to pay your own way we will be giving the excess tickets out to the community. We will even throw in a free soda!

I will post additional details here as we work them out, but that should be enough to get the conversation going. Post your questions and opinions and I will do my best to respond to them. Also, any great ideas for the booth or other things we can do to add value, please pass them along!

This sounds great!
These events have worked out great for us in the past. The more contacts we establish in this industry the better.
Networking, networking, networking ;)

Hope to be going there myself, and bringing my lovely girlfriend as well. ( we might stay in cali for a bit after, hence her coming along lol)

Looking forward to meeting everyone attending!

Sadly, I will not be able to attend. This conflicts with a vacation I had scheduled with my family. I will actually be close by in Lake Tahoe those days. :(

Then again, it's vacation! :cool:

Sadly, I will not be able to attend. This conflicts with a vacation I had scheduled with my family. I will actually be close by in Lake Tahoe those days. :(

Then again, it's vacation! :cool:

AHAHAHAHA THATS WHERE MY GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO GO AFTER!!

I hear its a wonderful place to visit, she won't stop reminding me every time I mentioned this event lol..

AHAHAHAHA THATS WHERE MY GIRLFRIEND WANTS TO GO AFTER!!

I hear its a wonderful place to visit, she won't stop reminding me every time I mentioned this event lol..

I will be there until 21st. If you are there by then let me know and you could debrief me in person. ;)

Back