Pre-Proposal : Dash to fund followmyvote

Would you like Dash to fund followmyvote in order they put all the votes of Dash into the blockhain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lynx

Dec 11, 2015
@GrandMasterDash
Granting voting power to everyone is why most of us are forced to use crappy fiat money in the first place. "The people" always demand a free lunch, much like you are doing now.
You can't grant power to people that have no responsibility, pardon the cliché. Why grant votes to someone that has nothing to lose if Dash fails?

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
@GrandMasterDash
Granting voting power to everyone is why most of us are forced to use crappy fiat money in the first place. "The people" always demand a free lunch, much like you are doing now.
You can't grant power to people that have no responsibility, pardon the cliché. Why grant votes to someone that has nothing to lose if Dash fails?
Nope, I've definitely only said end users. Do you think excluding end users will instil faith? Do you think the New Geek Bankers should rule the world? It was the control of a few that gave us the mess we have now. But I can understand how scary it might be to trust the people when you're not used to it.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
I think many people here are thinking dash is a business. Well, if that's the case then you have to accept that in business there are winners and losers. To be a winner there has to be a minority screwing the majority.. is that what dash is? - we just need a way to screw the end users for everything they've got, to make MNOs dirty rich? Is that a currency? - or a store of value? - or a parasite?

I'm wasting my breath here...

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
If you give control to every "end used" cryptotard, you'll have riots and free stuff for all....

lynx

Dec 11, 2015
Nope, I've definitely only said end users.
Makes no difference. Everyone that has a Dash wallet is an end user, it might as well be everyone in the world.
(...) Do you think excluding end users will instil faith?(...) I think many people here are thinking dash is a business. Well, if that's the case then you have to accept that in business there are winners and losers. To be a winner there has to be a minority screwing the majority..
No corporation in the world lets their end users / costumers directly decide how they are run. And yes, we are a business. Decentralized, autonomous, but a business nonetheless. We provide a product that people are free to use or not to use according to the value they perceive in it. We don't deceive anyone, it is pretty clear on dash.org where mined dash goes and that masternodes provide the governance. And it's not a closed club, either, anyone can own a masternode. There are no winners or losers, every voluntary transaction benefits both parties, or they just wouldn't take place.

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
End users already vote by acquiring DASH, or not. The market cap is their vote.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
Makes no difference. Everyone that has a Dash wallet is an end user, it might as well be everyone in the world.

No corporation in the world lets their end users / costumers directly decide how they are run. And yes, we are a business. Decentralized, autonomous, but a business nonetheless. We provide a product that people are free to use or not to use according to the value they perceive in it. We don't deceive anyone, it is pretty clear on dash.org where mined dash goes and that masternodes provide the governance. And it's not a closed club, either, anyone can own a masternode. There are no winners or losers, every voluntary transaction benefits both parties, or they just wouldn't take place.
Haha, you actually think it's possible that everyone in the world will want and have a dash wallet!! omg!

"No corporation in the world..." ... there you go, now the term "DAO" has gone to your head because basically your mission is simply marketcap and dividends. Thank God I stopped putting money into dash. There is no way in this universe or any other that dash is going to reach the lofty goals you have... but considering no one else is challenging you, I do think there are plenty of people here thinking just like you. You're not here to innovate or replace a Federal Reserve.. totally explains the lack of pushback to compliance... yet strangely you claim to be against centralisation... seems to me you're more than happy to accept centralisation for the sake of being a corporation with profits.

lynx

Dec 11, 2015
Haha, you actually think it's possible that everyone in the world will want and have a dash wallet!! omg!
You misunderstood me. I don't think the everyone in the world will use Dash. I meant that everyone in the world that wanted to vote on how Dash is run, could.
You're not here to innovate or replace a Federal Reserve..
I totally am! We just have different views on how to do it. I for one don't think opening the gates of hell will do us any good.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
You misunderstood me. I don't think the everyone in the world will use Dash. I meant that everyone in the world that wanted to vote on how Dash is run, could.

I totally am! We just have different views on how to do it. I for one don't think opening the gates of hell will do us any good.
End users having a voice are the gates of hell.. interesting

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
The irony... voting is one of the best suited applications for blockchain tech yet everyone here is running scared that the little people might actually have a voice.. "it's all good, just not in my neighbourhood"

Reactions: demo

lynx

Dec 11, 2015
End users having a voice are the gates of hell.. interesting
They can have a voice. They have a voice. End users can talk in forums, blogs, youtube, twitter, etc. They can write a beautiful essay and put it in that little box with the dash logo and the label "Suggestions". But in order to have control, they have to show they are invested (no pun intended) in the project. Why is that too much to ask?
The irony... voting is one of the best suited applications for blockchain tech yet everyone here is running scared that the little people might actually have a voice.. "it's all good, just not in my neighbourhood"
We are in the money business, not the blockchain business. We are here to replace fiat currency, not governments (though we might contribute to their fall). Yes, we have a cool hammer, but not every problem is a nail. Focus, young padawan.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
We are in the money business, not the blockchain business. We are here to replace fiat currency, not governments (though we might contribute to their fall). Yes, we have a cool hammer, but not every problem is a nail. Focus, young padawan.
Such hypocrisy.. you say dash is in the money business and here to replace fiat.. yet nearly everyone here vigorously defends Coinfirm, whose presence wouldn't be needed at all if it was simply dash-to-dash transfers.

To actually say you're not in the blockchain business.. startling.

Goodbye dash.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
<vote history><-- why vote history is usefull?
Would you like Dash to fund followmyvote in order they put all the votes of Dash into the blockhain?
*yes 4 vote(s) 30.8%
no 6 vote(s) 46.2%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Potato to the poll so I can answer. 1 vote(s) 7.7%
just peek into their software and see if we find something usefull for Dash
2 vote(s) 15.4%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.