• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: DASH in Tallinn! Covering Baltics biggest billboard 426m2 + Ad VIDEO!

Would you vote for the Dash proposal in Tallinn, Estonia?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

rullikas

Proposal now live: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/The-biggest-billboard-add-in-the-Baltics

Another day in Europe’s Silicon Valley! In business district Tallinn there sits an open playground, right in between all the other big Nordic banks. Here we have people who, with expectation, would be intelligent enough to look deeper into the message we would like to introduce.

The main idea behind this proposal is to start introducing Dash as a currency and way of life, step by step, building an intimate yet exciting relationship. This proposal is the first step to build a solid platform upon what we will build the relationship.

We looked at different marketing strategies that Estonian companies have created and came to a subjective conclusion that the market likes to be teased, to create anticipation and excitement. People want to have something to talk about and we want them to talk!
oY9576.png

What’s the first step to start building such platform?
The space that would be covered is 426m2, the biggest marketing space in the Baltics, which is seen by almost half a million people weekly. This space lies (to be precise) in between four huge Nordic banks, three of them having their headquarters located there. Two of them in front (the guys sitting across the street can see the ad right in front of them), one next to our marketing space and one behind. So it’s 360 degrees of banks and lots of windows to look out from!

We can offer an example from about five years ago, when an innovative Estonian bank called LHV, advertised a bold statement, having good marketing strategy. This resulted public being more curious about the bank and eventually choosing LHV as their home bank.

Our marketing plan is to start of with a 3 week massive advertisement on that exact space! Natural human behaviour will respond with many open mouths, social media posts and buzz in consciousness.

Why we choose such marketing to start with?

Capitals citizens are tech savvy, signing with ID card, doing taxes online, starting companies in 24 hours, and are always on a lookout to find a good idea and launch it. Just some examples that have grown into international companies: Skype, Transfer Wise, Pipedrive, Erply and Skeleton Technologies.

We find that when introducing DASH to a technology driven society the message will come in a familiar way, in the language they speak.

Video:
After the Dash advertisement is set up, we will make a short professional video ad about Dash for sharing on the Internet. The purpose of the video is to bring the message from physical advertisement in Tallinn to digital product on the Internet for sharing world-wide.

Short synopsis to get an overview of the video:

Video will start with couple of wide drone shots over the business district area, the Sun rising on the background. Then the theme moves from wide angle city shots to slo-mo close up’s on the streets- e.g. traffic lights changing the colors, cars passing by and people rushing to work. Watching this will make you feel that the system in the city is waking up and starting its daily rhythm. From the slo-mo close-up shots on the streets the theme moves on inside the buildings where we will see in slo-mo people making payments with their phones. During these shots the focus is on people making payments and background is blurry. After the payment scene the theme moves out again to drone views above business district and Dash advertisement will be in focus in between big buildings in different angles- very epic scenes!

Advertisement Cost:
elKcV3.png

Other cost:
- Video production and editing 3500 EUR (12 dash , calculated 02.09)
- Team salary 4 dash per face x 4 = 16 dash

TOTAL INVESTMENT OFFERS:

1 offer:
Ad + Video = 18 188€ = ~ 62 dash + 16 dash (team) + 5 dash proposal = 83 DASH
2 offer:
Ad + Video = 23 852€ = ~ 82 dash + 16 dash (team) + 5 dash proposal = 103 DASH
3 offer:
Ad + Video = 28 244€ = ~ 97 dash + 16 dash (team) + 5 dash proposal = 118 DASH

What’s next?
Start talking to the cameraman!
Next projects down the line will involve different marketing spaces, used in all levels, sizes and ways.
As entrepreneurs, former salespeople and open minded wisdom seekers, we see such project fairly cheap compared to the World prices. All of us in this team are using all our contacts to bargain and get the best deals and quality.

We would love to know your feedback, thoughts and further ideas about our proposal.

gkxW12.png

The team (starting from the left):

Mihkel - Casper the Friendly Ghost! He’s def a pot of gold filled with DASH knowledge and good vibrations
Romet - Amazed by human behaviour, he’s a great peoples’ people and with THAT smile, negotiating a deal has never been a problem.
Keiu - Having already an international business and marketing experience, creating meaningful content with ease, sprinkled with some fairy dust - she’s hard to beat
Siim - Behind that smile is a Great negotiator, able to find solutions in almost every great obstacle that business can cross.

Last edited:
Hi there all DASH community members and MN's

I see there is no feedback from you. Maybe I'll explain or rephrase this post in short version.
This nice looking building where we are planning to plant our BIG Dash AD is Radisson Hotel. It is located in the heart of Tallinns' business district. Autumn and winter here are dark, meaning that there will be less daylight. The AD will be visible in the night time with the help of proper lightning (look at the picture added)
Honest opinion - Right now is a very good time to come up with such campaign and introduce DASH to Estonians general public. Why? In Estonia there are lot's of groups who are gathering after university or after work to discuss how to be part of this era.

Estonians crypto TREND is booming right now and we have planned a lot more to come to continue this marketing program. Such as other AD campaigns all around the city. In Tallinn, there are publicly 3 merchants already who accept Dash as currency. That's not much but we'll make sure that there is a lot more to come.

A good story from daily life with Dash :)
Yesterday one of my friends told me that he was able to pay for he's car oil change and breaking pads with Dash. How do you like them apples, huh!?

I'm adding some pictures from the surroundings of the Hotel
S2MnN5.jpg

We went to see how this will light up the nights. Shot by @Keiu Tammis
nDDcTB.jpg

Daytime shot with not so well located campaign from an apparel company.
FmgndU.jpg

City skyline

i can confirm lots of EU IT & NATO military people would see this daily. Microsoft office next door. Also great visibility from city center.
i stayed in that hotel some weeks for work. i'll vote yes.

i can confirm lots of EU IT & NATO military people would see this daily. Microsoft office next door. Also great visibility from city center.
i stayed in that hotel some weeks for work. i'll vote yes.

Thanks for bringing that up, Vedran!
Estonia is holding the Presidency of the Council of EU in 2017 as well! So Maakri crossroad, where the billboard is, has half a million people passing it weekly - today, high profile people from EU with them. It can't be unseen.

And thank You for the support!

I like the idea and especially the long term plan your team has.
A small independent Dash marketing team -- we should have (at least) one in every country!

I live quite close and would appreciate more attention to Dash in here. I think Tallinn is a good place where Dash mainstream adoption could really begin.

For other masternode owners I can also confirm, that this team will not run away with the money as I know some of them personally.

Recently we had more budget then the proposals worth it: I hope this is one of the proposals that fills this cap.

Wishing you great luck with your first proposal
and definitely voting yes!

Hey Baltic neighbors!
I would definitely support this initiative from Lithuania :)
DM your LinkedIn please.

Edit: P.S. you forgot to add a voting poll for this proposal...

Last edited:
I like the idea and especially the long term plan your team has.
A small independent Dash marketing team -- we should have (at least) one in every country!

I live quite close and would appreciate more attention to Dash in here. I think Tallinn is a good place where Dash mainstream adoption could really begin.

For other masternode owners I can also confirm, that this team will not run away with the money as I know some of them personally.

Recently we had more budget then the proposals worth it: I hope this is one of the proposals that fills this cap.

Wishing you great luck with your first proposal
and definitely voting yes!

Thank you for your support @Loov Loom
I really like the idea of having small independent Dash marketing teams in every county.

I like the idea, but I do not like the message: Pay with dash

What do you think about:

Dash: it's cheaper than Paypal

I think we have to start giving the image, the product and the rival to beat.
I do not know if it would be possible to enter the word paypal, but by entering the word Paypal, people automatically associate the Dash utility.

I do not know if it would be possible to enter the word paypal, but by entering the word Paypal, people automatically associate the Dash utility.
Thank you for bringing that up!
We were actually discussing it behind the table many times, what the slogan should be. The idea for a comparison definitely came across! Once again we looked at our target market and how they would be attracted. Comparison is welcomed but we think it is very hard to compare DASH to anything due to its uniqueness. Maybe we would create a false understanding if one is from banking system and the other is from crypto world? That they are both used as a way of payment, agreed.
Any thoughts to reflect!?

Last edited:
I think, you have to convey the idea that Dash is a product, normal people do not understand, do not want to understand, just want to use technology.
If you compare with other technology 'similar' as paypal, the message is understood immediately.

I think, you have to convey the idea that Dash is a product, normal people do not understand, do not want to understand, just want to use technology.
If you compare with other technology 'similar' as paypal, the message is understood immediately.
Completely agree with you!

I'm not sure if this placement is iconic enough. Ideally, it would be on a structure that is popular for selfies (think Big Ben, red telephone boxes etc).

I'm not sure if this placement is iconic enough. Ideally, it would be on a structure that is popular for selfies (think Big Ben, red telephone boxes etc).
There are no such places that you can call iconic other than the old town (which has heritage protection, so no funny business is allowed) and the city center. Cityscape wise it's a good place to run the campaign, right in the central station where all transportation arrives (apart from trains), has great visibility and sits right where our target group spends 1/3 of their days.

Tallinn is small, the center even smaller and for First Contact with the target group an ideal (and soon iconic) location.

I like the idea. The cost looks very competitive. How would the video be distributed? How do the people who notice the billboard find the video?

Thanks!

I still like the idea, but I want a direct link to your video/facebook page/dash.org. Not just a logo with no way to get more information.

I like the idea. The cost looks very competitive. How would the video be distributed? How do the people who notice the billboard find the video?

Thanks!

###

Dear Solarguy,

The billboard and the video are two separate objects.

The billboard's purpose is to plant a seed of Dash into the locals brain because our observation concurs for months that locals are talking about crypto more and more. The main idea of the billboard is to create buzz in the minds of the people who see it and to direct them to dash.org page as a result of seeing it.

When the billboard is set up we're going to use the urban business district with high buildings and Dash.org ad as an ad scenery with epic drone scenes. We are having a professional movie maker as a partner who's gonna do it. Read more about the video details in the pre-proposal up here.

After the video is ready we will share the file with the DASH community for sharing in their own channels + we will set up Youtube ads for Estonian market that direct people to dash.org.

If we are anyway going to set up the billboard, then not using it for the video would be shame.

Romet

And likewise, it would be a shame to set up the billboard with no way for people who see it to take action.

Adding the ".org" goes a long way to connect the dots.

Back