• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: DASH ETF future fund

halso

Given the costs associated with lodging and gaining approval for an ETF. It maybe prudent to set aside some funds each month to cover the costs of a future DASH ETF lodgement. Presumably this would be done in conjunction with an established player in the field.

@babygiraffe any thoughts?

*(Obviously a lot will depend on what happens in the next 48 hrs with the Winklevoss application).

In my opinion, assuming the BTC ETF passes, we should only attempt to start the ETF process when we have a market cap 10x higher than what it is right now.

On a side note an ETF would remove DASH from Masternodes though. Unless the ETF itself stored the DASH in masternodes with a return in dividends, could be interesting :)

In my opinion, assuming the BTC ETF passes, we should only attempt to start the ETF process when we have a market cap 10x higher than what it is right now.

On a side note an ETF would remove DASH from Masternodes though. Unless the ETF itself stored the DASH in masternodes with a return in dividends, could be interesting :)
I agree, its probably a long way off. However, a prudent course of action would be to start saving for that possibility now. Especially if there is room in the budget each month.

Re: Masternodes. Presumably the ETF DASH funds would be invested in MNs and the ETF share holders would be the beneficiaries of MN payouts. I don't know enough about how ETFs work exactly, but presumably its doable.

I had another thought as I watched Core Team conference call (@fible1 question). If we pay for the ETF's establishment. Then presumably we can seek a portion of the ETF's service fees.

This would be a great value added service which could be used as a future source of revenue for MN payments.

Given SEC decision, it's highly unlikely they'll approve an ETF of a privacy-enabled cryptocurrence. Yet, the idea is interesting to toy with.

I think the ETF decision is telling us that dash needs to build a very large legal fund to defend Core and MNOs.

Private Send is clearly going to get dash into trouble as it's facilitating money laundering (MNOs are complicit). I know dash's preliminary legal report said otherwise but look at the SECs wording; "be designed to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices..." and "must have surveillance-sharing agreements".

I think the ETF decision is telling us that dash needs to build a very large legal fund to defend Core and MNOs.

Private Send is clearly going to get dash into trouble as it's facilitating money laundering (MNOs are complicit). I know dash's preliminary legal report said otherwise but look at the SECs wording; "be designed to prevent fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices..." and "must have surveillance-sharing agreements".
Are you a MNO?

i think the real need is to defend against regulators who will want to shut us down, or at least control us out of existence. Yes, the private send feature will be a problem, once the regulators get their act together, but I am even more worried about what they will think of evolution.

Back