• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal- Dash Documentary

nickhopton

Hello the Dash community.
After hearing about Dash and the proposal system I realised I could finally work on something that I'm very passionate about. For some time I have had the desire to make a documentary exploring what society would be like if it adopted crypto currencies.

It is my belief that if society adopted a crypto currency [Dash] would be much better off. I'm sure a lot of you have thought about this possibility before and I am looking for ideas and input from the community. I am fortunate enough to live in Bristol, a vibrant city in the UK, that has a thriving cryptocurrency community. Through this community I have found two great individuals who are very enthusiastic and wish to collaborate on the Dash documentary.

We are in the process of writing the proposal, hoping to submit it in October and we are looking for some feedback from you to help with this. We have asked these questions within the cryptocurrency community in Bristol but would benefit from you're input as well.

The focus of the Documentary will be on the transition of power and how that will occur.

• How will politics be affected by cryptocurrency?

(i.e. will a crypto party take over?, Will there be centralised government?)
  • Can crypto and FIAT coexist in the future, without conflict.

• If Dash takes over, how will it effect the traditional markets?

Other questions popular questions that came up:

• Will there be famine?

• Will poverty still exist?
  • Would products be more ethical?

• Would there still be large scale economical and land conflict?

We are looking forwards to any questions that you would like to implement and of course we appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance,

Nick

On paper, the UK Pirate Party should of been hugely successful. But in reality, despite being pro-crypto, open source etc, they have failed miserably to get any significant traction. Where did they go wrong and why hasn't anyone else filled that void?

On paper, the UK Pirate Party should of been hugely successful. But in reality, despite being pro-crypto, open source etc, they have failed miserably to get any significant traction. Where did they go wrong and why hasn't anyone else filled that void?
Is it maybe because stupids and spies invaded into the party?

I would love to see a documentary!

Although if I were to make one, I would rather focus more on DASH as one of the most usable cryptocurrencies. For example compare BTC history with DASH's, what has gone wrong with BTC and how dash has avoided those pitfalls. You'll probably start with the "history" part anyway, so there's an idea for ya.

I understand you want to make a documentary which focuses more on the future?
Those are very hard questions to answer! Good luck to you guys!

It might be a good idea to present a few different versions of the future.

Personally, I'm skeptical because there are heavy outside influences, namely robots and Artificial Intelligence. Machines paying machines and machines paying taxes, and so on. The future can get very messy very quickly.

A documentary...about the future??

You could raise a lot of interest and discussion with a future looking info piece, but I think it is not a documentary.

Would you have examples of other work you have done?

I'm not hating, I like the idea. That's the whole and entire purpose for a pre-proposal discussion, useful and productive feedback.

You are absolutely correct to think that Dash will touch and change many many aspects of society and government

Hello the Dash community.
After hearing about Dash and the proposal system I realised I could finally work on something that I'm very passionate about. For some time I have had the desire to make a documentary exploring what society would be like if it adopted crypto currencies.

It is my belief that if society adopted a crypto currency [Dash] would be much better off. I'm sure a lot of you have thought about this possibility before and I am looking for ideas and input from the community. I am fortunate enough to live in Bristol, a vibrant city in the UK, that has a thriving cryptocurrency community. Through this community I have found two great individuals who are very enthusiastic and wish to collaborate on the Dash documentary.

We are in the process of writing the proposal, hoping to submit it in October and we are looking for some feedback from you to help with this. We have asked these questions within the cryptocurrency community in Bristol but would benefit from you're input as well.

The focus of the Documentary will be on the transition of power and how that will occur.

• How will politics be affected by cryptocurrency?

(i.e. will a crypto party take over?, Will there be centralised government?)
  • Can crypto and FIAT coexist in the future, without conflict.

• If Dash takes over, how will it effect the traditional markets?

Other questions popular questions that came up:

• Will there be famine?

• Will poverty still exist?
  • Would products be more ethical?

• Would there still be large scale economical and land conflict?

We are looking forwards to any questions that you would like to implement and of course we appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance,

Nick

I like your idea very much. But how it related to Dash?

I like your idea very much. But how it related to Dash?

I think, typically, such documentaries would start with "Bitcoin was born in 2008 / 09...".. but they could shift the emphasis and say something like, "Dash, the ground breaking digital cash, is fulfilling the promises of it's predecessor, bitcoin...".

Throughout, never use the word "bitcoin" on it's own, always say "dash and bitcoin", so that dash becomes synonymous with bitcoin. And so on.

Back