Hello Dash Community! We are excited to introduce you the pre-proposal for Dash Remittances - The best way to increase the supply of Dash in Venezuela!
1- MAIN OBJECTIVE:
Dash Remittances aims to increase the supply of Dash in Venezuela in an organic way, so we can scale the community, the merchants and the transactions to higher limits. Right now we have created a whole ecosystem in the country (mostly in Caracas, our capital), we have +900 merchants accepting Dash, a community that has grown up to 10k users. And now it is time to scale in order to keep Dash flowing in the economy and increase its usage.
2- THE PROBLEM:
Currently the supply of Dash in Venezuela is not enough to cover the whole economy.
The current liquidity of Bolivares in the economy is aprox: Bs. 1,250,000,000,000,000. Which with a fair Bs/USD rate of Bs.1,500,000 per dollar, it gives us $833 millions. This, with a Dash rate of 150$ = 5,333,333 DASH aprox. This is a general number for the whole macroeconomy. If we can get 5% of that it would be 277,000 DASH ($41 millions).
Currently, there are aprox $200,000 in DASH flowing in the Venezuelan economy so it is clear that we need more Dash.
3- THE OPPORTUNITY:
There are aprox 4 millions of Venezuelan living overseas, and 3 millions in Venezuela are receiving remittances every month. In average each remit is around $50. In 2017 within $1,2 - $1,5 billions entered to Venezuela in terms of remittances. So it is a BIG opportunity for Dash to enter this market since almost all the remits are made with a 3rd party (middleman) who charge up to 30%, they are not reliable and it takes a lot of time to complete the procedure.
4- THE SOLUTION:
We will teach Venezuelan living overseas how to send money home with Dash. We will use presential lectures and videos. We will show them that it is easier, cheaper and more secure to send money to their relatives using Dash with no middle man needed.
- Where? We will start these activities in Spain. We chose it for 3 main reasons:
- It is the second biggest Venezuelan community (after the US), with a total of 200,000 Venezuelan living there.
- It is easier to buy Dash than in other countries (i.e. Kraken and Bitnovo).
- Venezuelan community in Spain is not so spread like in other countries (so it is easier to gather them), also in Spain people can save more money.
- Set up 2 weekly lectures for 20 persons each, for a total of 160 people/month.
- Make video tutorials about how to buy Dash with Euro and how to send it.
- These tutorial videos will be a complement of the video tutorials from Dash Help (How to use the Dash Wallet). And will e able to see by everyone for free.
- Lectures and Alliances:
- Teach Venezuelan how to buy Dash in Kraken, Uphold, Bittrex, Bitnovo.
- Give them a tip of 2$ each.
- Make a live demo of sending Dash to Venezuela throught Skype.
- Ask people just the email of their relatives in Venezuela so we can send them a weekly newsletter from Dash Merchant Venezuela showing them where they can spend their Dash and we will ask them which are the merchants that they go often to make purchases so we can affiliate them.
- As in our other projects, Dash Help will be the official support center for Dash Remittances, where people will be able to ask anything they want related to Dash and how to remit money.
- Promote the use of Dash Text so people can send Dash to their family by just typing commands.
- Dash Text integration with Whatsapp so people can use it more easily.
5- BUSINESS MODEL AND SUSTAINANILITY:
In case a person doesn't want to deal with the remit process (which will be very easy), we will offer the service so we to do it for them, and we will charge a small fee of the amount that wants to be remitted. The fee would be smaller than the other remittances companies so we can be competitive and in the same way we can start charging clients since the very begining.
6- WHO ARE WE: We are the same team of:
- Dash Help Support Center:
Gorka Garcia: Project Manager Bachelor of Business Administration with a Diploma in Transportation and Maritime Trade at UCAB. He worked in the administration of companies in the metallurgical sector. He lives in Spain.
Alejandro Echeverría: Proposal owner, strategy. Mechanical Engineer, co-founder of Dash Help - Support Center, Dash Merchant Venezuela and Dash Text. He is also advisor for some teams in the Dash Community like Dash Argentina and Dash Youth Venezuela. Dedicated himself to make profitable business models (Easymed, TuGruero- https://tugruero.io/, Ctrl+C-USB). DASH Forum/Discord: AlejandroE. Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandro-echeverrria-b739b1101/).
Lorenzo Rey: Project Lead. I am an Electronic Engineer, CTO of Dash Help (Support Center), Dash Merchant - Massive Adoption Program and Dash Text. I am also a spokesperson for Dash in Venezuela and Latin America, I've been the speaker in Dash Caracas conferences, in Dash Youth conferences and presentations, and in events such as the Crypto Latin Fest. I've worked with Rodrigo from Dash Brasil, and with Sam Barbosa, Developer of the Dash Core Team. I've also been an advisor for many other projects such as Dash Trip, Dash Youth, Agrocognitive, and more. DASH Forum: LorenzoRey, Telegram: LorenzoRey, Discord: LorenzoReyC Ig: LorenzoReyC Tw: LorenzoReyC
Carlos Echeverria: He´s got a degree in Business Administration from UNIMET (Universidad Metropolitana) in Caracas, Venezuela. He has been in charge of the finance and administration of all above companies as equal business asociated. (Ig: carlosjem1993. Tw: carlosjem. DASH Forum/Discord: carlosjem/ Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-echeverria-081a57a9/).
Carlos Heinze: Production engineer from USB (Universidad Simon Bolivar) in Caracas, Venezuela. He has been in charge of the operations of customer service, call center support and logistic of all above companies as equal business asociate. (Ig/Tw: @nachoheinze. DASH Forum: Carlos Heinze. Discord: CarlosH, Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-heinze-43483ab8/).
Thanks for taking the time for reading this proposal!
Email Address: [email protected]
Website: www.dashremittances.io (in construction)
-Facebook: Dash Remittances