• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please help I need to update Dash core wallet to access funds. How can I do this?

How can I update my Dash core wallet as it says I need to update to access my funds, and there doesn

• Wallet update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Update wallet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi
Please can anyone tell me how I can update my Dash core wallet as it will not let me access my funds.
Thank you

What version of Dashcore are you using, you should be on v 0.15.0, otherwise you will not be on the same chain
as the rest of the network. After update, you may have to reindex your blockchain, but that should do it.

Hi thanks for your reply.
I'm using dash core 64 bit v0.12.3.3 also dash test net has appeared and I've no idea what this does.
My knowledge of the workings of all this is extremely limited, can you explain how I do this? Do I need to download a new app and somehow copy the data over?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for your reply.
I'm using dash core 64 bit v0.12.3.3 also dash test net has appeared and I've no idea what this does.
My knowledge of the workings of all this is extremely limited, can you explain how I do this? Do I need to download a new app and somehow copy the data over?
Thank you in advance.

Assuming you are on windows :

* make a backup of your Dash Core wallet -> https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/wallets/dashcore/backup.html
* make sure your backup is from the actual Dash Core wallet (blue), and not from the testnet Dash Core wallet (brown, with testnet on top).
* download latest Dash Core wallet binary here : https://www.dash.org/downloads/
note : you can either download the installer (this is mostly intended for users installing Dash for first time though)
-> https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/wallets/dashcore/installation-windows.html
or you can download the zip file (mostly intended for users updating their Dash wallet), which contains a dash-qt.exe for v0.15 that you will need to extract to your Dash installation directory (overwriting your current v0.12 dash-qt.exe). You can find your Dash installation directory from within your desktop shortcut (right mouseclick - properties - filelocation open / open filelocation)
* edit the shortcut to dash-qt.exe on your desktop by right mouseclick - properties and adding -reindex in the target field (for example C:\Dash\dash-qt.exe -reindex). This will trigger a reindex. You can remove this later on, as you only need to do a reindex once.
* verify if your shortcut or your dash.conf (located inside data directory) does not contain testnet=1 as that will trigger the testnet environment. You can change it to testnet=0 or remove it.

Dash testnet has its own directory within your data directory and its directory is named 'testnet3'. The Dash Core wallet will automatically create this sub-directory and start the testnet wallet when it finds a testnet=1 in your dash.conf or in your shortcut .. FYI

Example :

ByTT0Sb.jpg

lH28dlx.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like the access denied by dash
Access not being denied by Dash, the user is trying to sync an old wallet, we have forked since 12.3.3
and are on v0.15.0. User needs to backup their wallet and sync the proper chain.

Back