PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.

soleo

Mar 5, 2015
What is it DR-1 ?
DR-1 is just a model number for us to keep track of different products that we released in public. Obviously, 1 means it is the first generation, R means Rack and D stands for DASH. Since we're releasing USB version miners, it's a bit important to have a naming strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

BolehVPN

Nov 24, 2014
I'll be reviewing the miner and will post pictures stats and anything you want. I am getting the PI setup so this will work. So far the minera software has ads that pop up every hour unless you donate $4. Now they are locking up the console - so I may ditch minera. Some other users have reported better luck starting with the jessie image and adding minera on top of that.

Buy a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3, microusb power supply, case, heatsink kit recommeded, and 16GB Class 10 MicroSD card(8GB or 4GB also ok if you don't want to install a p2p pool node).

Download Minera
Bitcointalk Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0
Direct Download Link
https://getminera.com/download/latest
Download win32 disk imager
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Setup from windows....
Double click on .zip download and select extract all.
Open win32 Disk Imager and select the minera-latest.img file and write to device.
While you are copying the minera image, assemble the PI, heatsinks, and case.
Insert the MicroSD card in the slot at the back of the case.
Login to your router...usually 192.168.1.1. Look for DHCP leases.
Plug in your PI and find the new IP address that shows up it should have a description of minera. I set this as a static IP, so it won't change if you reboot your router in the future.
Open your web browser(firefox or Chrome work best) with the IP. (192.168.1.36 for example)
Login with user minera and password minera
In Settings / Custom Miners choose cgminer 4.X
In Pools add your pool and user info(see below for P2Pool info).
In System enter a new system password.
Save
System / Open Terminal - login minera pass minera(or the new one).
Type: sudo raspi-config and select "Expand Filesystem"
Close the window by clicking the X in the upper right.
System / Reboot and Yes Reboot
Thanks Solarminer is there anything we need to set as extra options or in Local miner settings?

stakem

Feb 25, 2016
Anyone else got a tracking already, it has been more than a week since payment?

This was not supposed to be a pre-order and it turns out that iBeLink will be shipping their pre-order units faster than the miners from Pinidea!

daveolake

Mar 31, 2016
Anyone else got a tracking already, it has been more than a week since payment?

This was not supposed to be a pre-order and it turns out that iBeLink will be shipping their pre-order units faster than the miners from Pinidea!
still no tracking here either. was told should be by 22nd, then on 23rd told soon. they really need to work on this.

stakem

Feb 25, 2016
Soleo, it will be good to receive instructions on how to use the miner and any needed software, but more importantly what is going on with the shipping of the orders?

Can you please provide an update on how many units have been shipped so far and how is the shipping going on, because only two people reported that their orders have been shipped so far...

soleo

Mar 5, 2015
Soleo, it will be good to receive instructions on how to use the miner and any needed software, but more importantly what is going on with the shipping of the orders?

Can you please provide an update on how many units have been shipped so far and how is the shipping going on, because only two people reported that their orders have been shipped so far...
In fact, for most people in US, their machines has been shipped out. For people from other countries including Canada, we're a little bit slow in action because we have to work through some process to make it work. The shipping companies are not treating everyone equally in China(Sadly speaking). For people still haven't got their tracking numbers, you're likely to get the shipping number in the next two days, and it is using UPS instead of SF-Express. So stay tuned, as soon as I got the numbers, I will send out to you.

daveolake

Mar 31, 2016
thanks Soleo, ya us Canadians always get the raw deal with shipping here. or shipping out. Looking forward to my tracking number.

alexe56

Mar 31, 2016
RUSSIA
www.ruralrc.ru
In the document "DR-1 miner parameters description" there is such line
Set frequency for DR1, (default: 200) 200/250/300/400
Interest data on energy consumption and productivity of chips at these frequencies?
What maximum possible frequency and how HW error quickly grows at increase of frequency or temperature?

When it is planned to lay out an image of SDcard for RaspberryPI B+/B2+ ?
(For new boards? I faced a problem of transfer of the image created for RaspberryPI B when using new payments on them the network and USB ports not work.)

Last edited by a moderator:

soleo

Mar 5, 2015
When I try to run your cgminer under Windows7 x64 (just out of curiosity) I see this error (I'm sorry it's in Russian, it says that there occured an error during application start):

What is the English Translation of the error messsage? How did you run it? You're supposed to run it in a shell. It's a command line tool

Status
Not open for further replies.