• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Picking Winners in a Cryptocurrency Bubble - Dash Force News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Mason

Picking Winners in a Cryptocurrency Bubble - Dash Force News

The late 1990’s gave us Ricky Martin, fears of Y2K, and the Great Dot-com Bubble. I was involved with a prototypical Internet startup at the time – the founder and I worked in his basement, and within a few years we had over 300 employees. We were growing by leaps and bounds with no end in sight. But of course an end did occur. Just a few months short of our IPO in 2000, the bubble burst, forcing us to pull back our plans. Our story did have a happy ending. Unlike many dot-coms that were essentially a name and a ridiculous idea, we had customers and revenue and survived the Dot-com purge.

During the Dot-com Bubble, I heard repeatedly that “this time it’s different.” Unlike previous times of insane valuation growth, this time there didn’t need to be fundamentals, this time there didn’t need to be actual paying customers, this time there really was just more money to go around. It was the Internet, after all! It would change the future! I heard this from people who should have known better, but got caught up in the hype and the ever-increasing valuations.

Read more: https://www.dashforcenews.com/picking-winners-cryptocurrency-bubble/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back