• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Physical Drkcoin (dash) need to make private key

kingcolex

Okay so I have bought a physical Drkcoin and wanted to make a Dash wallet on it, it is a simple DIY kit but I was just wondering if anyone knows how to make the disc private keys for these wallets? I don't want to mess it up, I could make a regular wallet through walletgenerator but what format is best for physical coins?

I'm not sure what "disc private keys" means but assuming you just want to put (QR-code of) private key on physical coin (disc?) surface I would recommend to make a BIP38 encrypted one.

You just have to create a new "paper wallet" in offline mode, and print it like this (though I've never tried to make these mini-keys myself)
300px-Miniprivkeys.jpg
Literal private key
Private_minikey_in_2D_barcode.gif
Mini private key encoded in a QR

The whole process must be in offline mode (preferably in a safe live cd OS) and printed with a "dumb printer"... (have a look at bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet)

The encrypted QR is best for your security. In case the physical coin is stolen the DASH stored in it will still be secured. But there's the password for decryption, and it also must be secured, and not forgotten ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to create a new "paper wallet" in offline mode, and print it like this (though I've never tried to make these mini-keys myself)
300px-Miniprivkeys.jpg
Literal private key
Private_minikey_in_2D_barcode.gif
Mini private key encoded in a QR

The whole process must be in offline mode (preferably in a safe live cd OS) and printed with a "dumb printer"... (have a look at bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet)

The encrypted QR is best for your security. In case the physical coin is stolen the DASH stored in it will still be secured. But there's the password for decryption, and it also must be secured, and not forgotten ;)
This is what I am trying to do, I can generate the key no problem but I guess its the font and style i need, I was essentially looking for a template.

I see... according to this "mini-key tutorial" that's some especial kind of privkey, shorter than the usual. They kind of explain how to obtain it, but I really don't know if that procedure would also work for a DASH key.

I see... according to this "mini-key tutorial" that's some especial kind of privkey, shorter than the usual. They kind of explain how to obtain it, but I really don't know if that procedure would also work for a DASH key.
I saw that, so I am not sure on what to do.

Back