• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

payment question

intertan

I have the android wallet and it works fine. I would like to send some drk to someone and have a question.

The agreed upon price is 100drk. Now there is a processing fee of .001. Now does that fee come out of the 100 or is it taken out as well as the 100?
the reciever gets the 100 and there is the fee of .001 taken 100.001 spent
the reciever get 99.998 and I pay only 100

The fee is added on top of the entered amount, so yes the actual transaction will total 100.001 DRK.

I have a question to add to this. I've never had a tx on the android app where I didn't get charged the fee, literally every time. anyone know why? I've even waited minutes, hours, days in between, always a fee. I don't mind, just wondering why.

The DarkCoin Android app is based on the Bitcoin Wallet, which also charges a fee. The transaction fee for DarkCoin is 0.001 DRK. A certain number of transactions are free for each block and the core client knows how to calculate that because it has access to enough information to determine if that is the case. The android app is an SPV client and it does not store or track as much of the information as a full client. Therefore, it cannot currently determine if a transaction can be free. To make sure that the transaction is processed, it adds the network transaction fee.

There was a time, years ago, when the Bitcoin Wallet and some of its forks such as the Litecoin Wallet, allowed the user to set the fee, including a zero fee. This lead to a lot of transactions that would never get confirmed, since they had no fee. This kind of problem is more likely with Bitcoin, which has many more transactions per block than any other coin.

Back