• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Paper: Transaction Locking and Masternode Consensus

crowning thelonecrouton vertoe kryptofoo TsuyokuNaritai

The problem here is to find equilibrium between a low probability and high impact event (double spend), and a higher probability and lower impact event (fall back to block confirmation system). It is true that a super majority or a redundant list would greatly reduce the probability of the fall back, but it would increase the probability of a double spend by forging the lock. In the super majority system because you need a lower percentage of the selected masternodes. In the redundant list system because the attacker could DOS selected masternodes that are not his so he has a new chance to get one selected.

I'm out of town in a weeding for the weekend, but I'll think about it to run a few numbers next week.
Perhaps there is a compromise such as select 10 masternodes but require only 8 votes for a quorum. Or select 12 and require 10. This would allow two masternodes to fail but the voting to succeed.

I think actions speak louder then words.

Let reddit duke it out with conversation.

Let Evan just implement this in RC6. Once we have a working POC version on testnet, then we can debate the different approaches and try different approaches. I run a MN on testnet and can easily fire up some more.

Jim

Let Evan just implement this in RC6.

Are we really calling it RC6? It needs to be emphasised that although Darkcoin will continue to develop and grow stronger it's about to be a serious released product, ready for real world use, no longer a beta, you can all see the source code and trust it now and start using it.

[Edit: Typing accident.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I keepre we really calling it RC6? It needs to be emphasised that although Darkcoin will continue to develop and grow stronger it's about to be a serious released product, ready for real world use, no longer a beta, you can all see the source code and trust it now and start using it.
The 'RCx' will be dropped after RC5/open source.

Historically Evan introduced the RCx scheme as part of the Darksend implementation. As this is finished no more RCx anymore.

Back